Author Topic: Preliminary Win in D.C. for Religious Freedom  (Read 614 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Preliminary Win in D.C. for Religious Freedom
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:09:57 am »
Preliminary Win in D.C. for Religious Freedom
By Kathryn Jean Lopez
December 31, 2013 7:51 PM

From the Archdiocese of Washington tonight:

The Archdiocese of Washington is pleased that today the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia issued an injunction that prevents the Archdiocese and its affiliates from having to choose between paying crippling fines or facilitating the provision of abortion-inducing drugs, sterilizations, and contraceptives to their employees. The order prohibits the government from enforcing the HHS mandate’s objectionable requirements against the Archdiocese and its co-appellants pending further order from the court.

This action by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit is in line with the rulings of courts all across the country which have held that the HHS mandate imposes a substantial and impermissible burden on the free exercise of religion. These decisions also vindicate the pledge of the U.S. Catholic bishops to stand united in resolute defense of the first and most sacred freedom – religious liberty.

While the decision today is a preliminary ruling, and the merits of the case are soon to be considered, the Archdiocese is hopeful that the final disposition of this case will support religious freedom and rights of conscience.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367349/preliminary-win-dc-religious-freedom-kathryn-jean-lopez
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

Re: Preliminary Win in D.C. for Religious Freedom
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:56:28 am »
It is so clear that Obammy's going to lose this religious freedom issue when it comes before the Supreme Court.  And when he does, it's going to confirm to a whole lot of people that he imposed this out of spite.

What a MFing bastard this joke in the White House is!!!  He's forcing religious institutions to spend money that could be used for charitable purposes defending themselves against his fit of pique.

Piss on him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Preliminary Win in D.C. for Religious Freedom
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:14:43 am »
It is so clear that Obammy's going to lose this religious freedom issue when it comes before the Supreme Court.  And when he does, it's going to confirm to a whole lot of people that he imposed this out of spite.

What a MFing bastard this joke in the White House is!!!  He's forcing religious institutions to spend money that could be used for charitable purposes defending themselves against his fit of pique.

Piss on him.

Obama is losing skirmishes left and right.

Even Larry Klayman got a shot in.

Larry friggin' Klayman for God's sake!

Makes me want to go dig up my old Judicial Watch badge and show it to complete strangers.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx