Author Topic: Lights out for the incandescent light bulb as of Jan. 1, 2014  (Read 325 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Lights out for the incandescent light bulb as of Jan. 1, 2014
« on: December 31, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »

Support the USO

Offline musiclady

Re: Lights out for the incandescent light bulb as of Jan. 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
We have a room full of stockpiled incandescents.

When they're gone, I just won't be able to see.

The left is waging war on the visually impaired.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Lights out for the incandescent light bulb as of Jan. 1, 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
I have a huge box of mostly 40 watt and 60 watt along with some 3-way, 25w, 75w and 100w, enough to last me for the foreseeable future.

A lot of stores still have stock of incandescent bulbs and can still sell them until the stock runs out.  IIRC, Home Depot and Lowes said they have a 6 month supply, although they expect it will go much faster.  I was going to pick up some at Wal-Mart yesterday as I was doing my one big shopping trip of the year, but they were out and not just sold out.  They had pulled them from the shelves.

Also, if you can find "rough service" incandescent, they are still legal to manufacture and sell.  It's a loophole in the law.

Eventually LED bulbs will be cost effective and a worthy replacement for the incandescent.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf