Author Topic: Irate Animal Rights Activists Bombard Dying Girl With Hate Mail, Death Threats  (Read 860 times)

Offline happyg

Emily Hulsey | On 31, Dec 2013

When 25-year-old Italian veterinary student Caterina Simonsen wrote a Facebook post about how thankful she was to be alive, she had no idea she would get hate letters and death threats for it.

Simonsen suffers from four rare genetic pulmonary diseases that make her quickly immune to treatments. As a result, she is constantly undergoing new medical procedures, many of which were first tested on animals. This is what she said:
“I am 25 thanks to genuine research that includes experiments on animals.  Without research, I would have been dead at nine. You have gifted me a future.”
Animal rights activists immediately went up in arms over Simonsen’s support for animal testing. However, their responses weren’t just critical; they were absolutely vicious. Here are some of the worst:
You could die tomorrow, I wouldn’t sacrifice my goldfish for you,”

“If you had died as a child, no one would have given a damn.”

“Is that the best you’ve got, Caterina? Have a good life then. I would prefer not to live if my life depended on the suffering of others or taking millions of lives, because their life is worth less than mine.  Shame!”
Overnight, Simonsen became the face of Italy’s high-profile animal testing debate. She has since given multiple interviews trying to “put a human face” on animal research, but the hate mail isn’t slowing down. Police are investigating a total of 30 death threats and 500 insults that they consider particularly cruel.

Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting crueler and nastier with what they say? Maybe it’s because there are no consequences within society, or that the disconnectedness of social media makes makes people feel gutsier. Either way, some of us, like these “Nazi animalists,” need to tone it down and think about what we’re saying.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/12/105126-irate-animal-rights-activists-bombard-dying-girl-hate-mail-death-threats/

Offline GourmetDan

Just liberals being their normal, nasty selves.

Anonymity brings out their best...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting crueler and nastier with what they say? Maybe it’s because there are no consequences within society, or that the disconnectedness of social media makes makes people feel gutsier.
Disconnected from traditional notions of right, wrong and "the golden rule," I suspect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

The frightening thing to me is that these kinds of hate-filled comments from the left are now so commonplace that they almost don't shock any more.  They're expected.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

Sure, look at all the death threats posted on Twitter against conservatives or anyone who dares challenge the indoctrination these young skulls full of mush have received.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Sure, look at all the death threats posted on Twitter against conservatives or anyone who dares challenge the indoctrination these young skulls full of mush have received.

Yep, it happens constantly.  On my local TV station, this one a-hole named "Mr. Democrat" has personally threatened to kill several posters (myself included) along with Governor Perry.  The station won't do anything to him except he got a month ban after telling the admin to f-off.  Apparently he has actually told him that he will sue if they ban him again because it would be discrimination as he is disabled, has mental health/anger management issues, and is an alcoholic.  He probably won't win, but he could make their life miserable for a while.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Olivia

Yep, it happens constantly.  On my local TV station, this one a-hole named "Mr. Democrat" has personally threatened to kill several posters (myself included) along with Governor Perry.  The station won't do anything to him except he got a month ban after telling the admin to f-off.  Apparently he has actually told him that he will sue if they ban him again because it would be discrimination as he is disabled, has mental health/anger management issues, and is an alcoholic.  He probably won't win, but he could make their life miserable for a while.

Have we really sunk this low?  That a maniac such as this can threaten anyone and nothing is done about him?  Sheesh!  Such cowards we have become! 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Cincinnatus

I wonder how most of these haters would react if their own lives were at stake and their only hope was some med or procedure which included animal testing and they knew it.

I also wonder how many of them are supporters of abortion and don't give a second thought as to what that involves.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I wonder how most of these haters would react if their own lives were at stake and their only hope was some med or procedure which included animal testing and they knew it.

I also wonder how many of them are supporters of abortion and don't give a second thought as to what that involves.

Liberals are the biggest hypocrites.  They wouldn't hesitate for a second to use any and all means to stay alive and screw their so called "convictions."

As for abortion, it's not a life to them so it doesn't matter.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Have we really sunk this low?  That a maniac such as this can threaten anyone and nothing is done about him?  Sheesh!  Such cowards we have become!

I think it is the fact that on the Internet, people are safe behind the anonymity of a keyboard.  They can spew all the vile things they want without any real repercussions.