Author Topic: George Takei review  (Read 1120 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
George Takei review
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:52:00 am »
You all know him as Sulu from Star Trek. Some people know he's gay - he never hides it but also never makes a fuss about it. What you may not know is he trolls Amazon reviews, and the guy is funny as hell.

Brad and I will be Grand Marshals at this year's San Diego Pride Parade, and we were looking for just the right touch to add a bit of pizazz to our appearance. So when we stumbled across the PASSION NATURAL WATER BASED LUBRICANT - 55 GALLON drum, we felt we'd struck gold: "Just enough volume to soak an entire parade of spectators, and yet it fits easily in our float." Double win.

Now, how to spray the lube on the exicted on-lookers? Why, by water pump gun, of course. To test our delivery mechanism, we purchased a drum for our back yard and set up a slip and slide. I had Brad charge towards me down the slide, and I fired at will. It helped to imagine he was a Klingon Bird of Prey: Target that explosion and FIRE.

What I didn't expect was that Brad's forward momentum would cause him to crash into me, upending the entire drum along with us. Utter chaos. Our unfortunate cats, who had come out to judge our activities as cats will, were caught in the deluge. Looking like drowned rats, they howled and sped around the yard in hysterical circles, then tried for tn minutes to climb a tree.

Once again, the neighbors thought we'd set something on fire, so the LAFD arrived shortly afterwards. Try explaining any of this to a stranger, especially a hunky one in uniform. "Hose me down?" I offered. He kindly did, then retrieved our cats out of the tree with only minor scratches to the face.

I was absolutely fine reading this until the image of lube coated cats frantically trying to climb a tree hit me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:54:35 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Re: George Takei review
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 09:09:58 am »
I have a daughter who's always posting something from George's Facebook page. The man's got opinions. And a definite wry outlook on life.

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:40:19 am »
George is a regular and official announcer on Howard Stern's radio programming. George has given the audience stories between him and William Shatner and their trials and tribulations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:44:46 am by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:32 am »
. The man's got opinions. And a definite wry outlook on life.

I think that he has that attitude because over his decades feud with William Shatner. If you read his interviews George has given, Shatner has this gigantic ego that the entire Star Trek franchise revolves around him and his character.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:05:29 am by SPQR »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:55:20 pm »
Interesting, SP. I saw that Shatner was a ham. But, I thought it was just a schtick.

I loved Star Trek back in the day. Now, some of the episodes are a little bit too silly even for me.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 01:01:59 pm »
I have a daughter who's always posting something from George's Facebook page. The man's got opinions. And a definite wry outlook on life.
I've seen some of those. They're pretty funny.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

SPQR

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:06 pm »
Interesting, SP. I saw that Shatner was a ham. But, I thought it was just a schtick.

I loved Star Trek back in the day. Now, some of the episodes are a little bit too silly even for me.

Shatner even treats the fans like a piece of garbage. The old Star Trek has stood the test of time. But the new JJ Abrams reboot version is excellent. They picked Chris Pine as an excellent Captain Kirk. In the interviews he has given it looks like he does hot have a chip on his shoulder.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:51:52 pm by SPQR »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »
he never hides it but also never makes a fuss about it.

He always makes a fuss about it.. I like him anyway. Funny dude.  One of those top 100 people I would like to have a drink with.

SPQR

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 11:49:20 pm »
He always makes a fuss about it.. I like him anyway. Funny dude.  One of those top 100 people I would like to have a drink with.

Oh My......

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »
LOL! On a thread like this you got to watch what you say Abraxas!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:07:14 am by aligncare »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:27 am »
The "reviews" on the Passion Natural Water-Based Lubricant - 55 Gallon are beyond hilarious.  Someone @ work found it last week and we all about died laughing at some of the stuff people put and Amazon allowed.  Some are a little crude.

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1388534572&sr=1-3
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton