Author Topic: Models Are So Thin Magazines Have To Photoshop Them Fatter  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Millee

Models Are So Thin Magazines Have To Photoshop Them Fatter
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Models Are So Thin Magazines Have To Photoshop Them Fatter
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »
Interesting......

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
Ever wonder what the music world would be like if Karen Carpenter had eaten the ham sandwich Mama Cass choked to death on..??

Just askin'....

:whistle:

Offline Millee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
Ever wonder what the music world would be like if Karen Carpenter had eaten the ham sandwich Mama Cass choked to death on..??

Just askin'....

Ha!!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »

Just askin'....

Two extremes for sure - and both great talents and gone too soon.

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
Two extremes for sure - and both great talents and gone too soon.

For sure. 

If God let me choose a singing voice, I'd choose Mama Cass, hands down.  ?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
For sure. 

If God let me choose a singing voice, I'd choose Mama Cass, hands down.  ?

Yep....... she was incredibly talented.  I loved the Mama's and the Papa's........ what a great era for music

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
Real Men like women who look like women and who have real women's bodies, as opposed to some gay fashion magazine editor's idea of what a woman should look like, which, in sum, is a prepubescent boy.
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Offline Millee

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:25:20 PM »
Real Men like women who look like women and who have real women's bodies, as opposed to some gay fashion magazine editor's idea of what a woman should look like, which, in sum, is a prepubescent boy.

You're awesome, Andy!  I'd give you the "thumbs up" smiley, but I can't do smilies from home.  *d'oh*   ;)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Do NOT go in there.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 08:58:18 PM »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »

Unless of course, the model's last name is Kardashian.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Women who are too thin (and by that I mean they look like a concentration camp survivor) are just not attractive.  There is a big difference in naturally thin and sickly thin.  My boss' daughter is 19, looks like she's about 13, and disappears if she turns sideways.  The girl eats like a horse, but never gains weight.  She's just very small and thin, just like her maternal grandmother.

I just had this same discussion in reverse the other day on another forum.  This magazine published an edition with a local woman on it in a bunch of glamor shots.  She looked very thin compared to how she looked before and a lot of people thought she looked sick.  The funny thing is, pictures taken just a few weeks later during a recent live performance showed her looking just like she always has, a healthy weight.  They clearly photoshopped her pictures so much that her arms looked like they'd snap under 5lbs of force.

And the woman in that picture at the top of the thread is not attractive.

And speaking of Photoshop, anyone ever see this video of how much it can change someone's appearance in a picture?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPnfjwKfkSk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPnfjwKfkSk</a>

Turn off the annotations to see just what it can do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:28 PM »

Unless of course, the model's last name is Kardashian.

I will refrain from commenting on Ms. Kardashian, if only because she has already been the butt of too many jokes.
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
*snort*
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »
I will refrain from commenting on Ms. Kardashian, if only because she has already been the butt of too many jokes.

heheheh

He said butt.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:34 PM »

In Tom Wolfe's work "A Man in Full" (1998) one of the main female characters, middle aged Martha Croker, joins a gym in order to regain her svelte figure. Several times Wolfe describes her female gym mates, all 20 something trophy wives, as "boys with tits". 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »

Absolutely! And it removes the danger of spontaneous combustion! Plus, as a Portuguese-Italian, I have always subscribed to the belief that desirable women are like rock climbing. They require handholds. And skinny models look like ironing boards. And we don't like ironing.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

11thCommandment

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »
Saw this online; it's kinda hard to see, but you can see where they moved her hips and fattened her arms.

11thCommandment

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
This is pretty funny.  Makes me think of a hula girl doll dancing on a dashboard.

11thCommandment

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:08 PM »
Women who are too thin (and by that I mean they look like a concentration camp survivor) are just not attractive.  There is a big difference in naturally thin and sickly thin.  My boss' daughter is 19, looks like she's about 13, and disappears if she turns sideways.  The girl eats like a horse, but never gains weight.  She's just very small and thin, just like her maternal grandmother.

I just had this same discussion in reverse the other day on another forum.  This magazine published an edition with a local woman on it in a bunch of glamor shots.  She looked very thin compared to how she looked before and a lot of people thought she looked sick.  The funny thing is, pictures taken just a few weeks later during a recent live performance showed her looking just like she always has, a healthy weight.  They clearly photoshopped her pictures so much that her arms looked like they'd snap under 5lbs of force.

And speaking of Photoshop, anyone ever see this video of how much it can change someone's appearance in a picture?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPnfjwKfkSk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPnfjwKfkSk</a>

Barbie!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »

The video reminded me of that Chinese man who sued his wife for his ugly children....she had $400K US invested in cosmetic surgery.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf