Author Topic: Racism is hilarious! MSNBC panel mocks, belittles Romneys’ adopted grandson  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/30/racism-is-hilarious-msnbc-panel-mocks-belittles-romneys-adopted-grandson/#.UsHHFlvPk2E.twitter

Racism is hilarious! MSNBC panel mocks, belittles Romneys’ adopted grandson
Posted at 1:01 pm on December 30, 2013 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

.@johnnydollar01 @CalebHowe how unbelievably despicable. Disgusting.
    —
      (@Grayhammy) December 30, 2013

Few things are more hilarious than a mixed-race family. Just ask MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry, who recently hosted a panel of doofuses picking at Mitt and Ann Romney’s adopted grandson Kieran:

Melissa Harris-Perry Panel Mocks Black Romney Grandchild As Token therightscoop.com/melissa-harris… #rsrh #tcot #tlot—
    Caleb Howe (@CalebHowe) December 30, 2013

One of the panel guests keenly observed that Kieran Romney is “not like the others.” Because he’s not white! Get it? Laughter ensued, natch. And just to drive the point home extra-hard, another guest used a Romney family photo to illustrate that the GOP consists of square palefaces, with the occasional token thrown in just for giggles.

How progressive!

Lean Forward!
    RT @CalebHowe: Melissa Harris-Perry Panel Mocks Black Romney Grandchild As Token therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
    johnny dollar (@johnnydollar01) December 30, 2013

The depravity of @MHarrisPerry knows no bounds @CalebHowe @EWErickson—
    Pura Periculo (@_periculo) December 30, 2013

Liberals still reacting to Romney's grandchild with the (lack of) class you've come to expect…

therightscoop.com/melissa-harris… @MHPShow #p2 #tcot—
    Jean R. Ewing (@GenNerd) December 30, 2013

.@CalebHowe @Twin66 Tampon-earring queen at it again I see.Trying 2 gain points @ MSNBC. She also thinks children do NOT belong to parents.—
    Kate (@catydoodle) December 30, 2013

@catydoodle @CalebHowe Shame on her to use an innocent baby, who is loved by the Romney family, unconditionally @msnbc—
      (@Twin66) December 30, 2013

.@MHarrisPerry So this child is doomed because you and your lib pals don't approve? therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
    Erick Brockway (@erickbrockway) December 30, 2013

I'll hand it to some of these liberals, they are hella good at being under-the-radar racist. therightscoop.com/melissa-harris… #p2 #tcot #tlot—
    Jason Sywak (@SywakSays) December 30, 2013

The unperson-ing of Romney continues. RT @DanRiehl Melissa Harris-Perry Panel Mocks Black Romney Grandchild As Token therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
      (@KingShamus) December 30, 2013

This is so mean and hurtful to a child. Shame on you, @MHarrisPerry . Vile. therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
    Oceander Loesch (@DLoesch) December 30, 2013

Wow. This is just so offensive that they would do this. WOW. therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
    Brittany C (@bccohan) December 30, 2013

.@MHarrisPerry OBVIOUSLY the Romney family could NEVER love a black child because, well, you know…<whisper>he's black</whisper>—
    Erick Brockway (@erickbrockway) December 30, 2013

@CalebHowe @EWErickson that is absolutely DISGUSTING @MHarrisPerry. You need to do some bashir-style introspection. Such gruesome anger—
    Jared (@JWoodOMFS) December 30, 2013

Too bad WFB's "Worst of MSNBC 2013" was already done: youtu.be/MpRA5H3iuMQ @MHarrisPerry ridiculing a child would definitely have made it.—
    Gabriel Malor (@gabrielmalor) December 30, 2013

Dear @MHarrisPerry – You realize you just mocked a child for having the wrong color of skin? #SlowClap—
    Chris Barnhart (@ChrisBarnhart) December 30, 2013

Race obsession and jackassery is merely a condition of employment at MSNBC.

Hi MSNBC racists who mock adopted babies: Lean forward…into a pit of hellfire. @MHarrisPerry ==> therightscoop.com/melissa-harris…—
    Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) December 30, 2013

Head over to The Right Scoop for the video.

Editor’s note: This post has been updated with additional tweets.

Here’s something for Harris-Perry and her pals to keep in mind:

The best thing in all of this @MHarrisPerry .. That kid is going to have an amazing life. #UMad—
    S.M (@redsteeze) December 30, 2013

Truth.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Harris-Perry truly has something wrong with her mind.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Harris-Perry truly has something wrong with her mind.

She's pissed her mother gave her a white first name.  That, or her corn rows are too tight.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

Liberals are just nasty people.

The best they can do is ridicule anything they cannot pigeon-hole...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

Dear @MHarrisPerry – You realize you just mocked a child for having the wrong color of skin? #SlowClap—
    Chris Barnhart (@ChrisBarnhart) December 30, 2013
Bravo.
I hereby invite Ms. Perry to visit my house and to my face mock my niece whose skin happens to be a few shades darker than mine. What were my sister and BIL thinking when they adopted her into a loving home? They're as hideous as the Romneys!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I wonder what race-baiter extraordinaire Touré has to say about his colleague… attention, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Bravo.
I hereby invite Ms. Perry to visit my house and to my face mock my niece whose skin happens to be a few shades darker than mine. What were my sister and BIL thinking when they adopted her into a loving home? They're as hideous as the Romneys!

When you finish with her, send her here. One of my daughters is quite a bit darker than me and most of my grand kids - actual blood of my blood - are a hell of a lot darker than she is.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

MSNBC's Harris-Perry apologizes for mocking Romney over black grandchild

MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry apologized this morning amid a growing media storm over the way she and her guests made fun of Mitt Romney's adopted grandchild -- who happens to be black.

On her weekend show, the African-American host and her panelists started laughing almost immediately in the segment, in a way that made me cringe.

The object of their derision, cloaked as it was in pointed humor? A Romney family photo, with the grandchild perched on Romney's knee.

Hysterical, huh?

Yes, Harris-Perry kept cooing about how the baby was cute. The real target, for her and the guests, was Mitt.

As in, isn't it funny that this white Mormon with a white family would find among his clan a black baby.

Maybe it was supposed to be okay because the host is African-American. But I think the segment took a horribly wrong turn.

Harris-Perry apologized on Twitter, shortly after a demand by Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus that she do so for her "disgusting" comments.

"I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices," she wrote.

"As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise.

"Therefore, while I meant no offense, I want to immediately apologize to the Romney family for hurting them."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/31/no-joke-msnbc-mitt-romney-and-black-child/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline GourmetDan

It's always all about skin-color with these people.  Nothing else matters.

Who are the racists again?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

"I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices," she wrote.
Another non-apology. She "apologizes," but only if the offended party feels their lives or choices were degraded. What does she expect them to do, call her up and say they feel degraded? Here's a little lesson for lefties who offend people on a daily basis:  when you've said something obnoxious, rude and offensive, an apology goes something like this:  What I said was wrong and indefensible. I shouldn't have said it. Whether or not anyone is offended, I realize it was wrong and I apologize.

Apologies are not conditional, and they don't depend on the offended party going to great effort to explain whether or not - or how - they may have been offended by the comment in question.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org