Author Topic: I worked on the US drone program. The public should know what really goes on  (Read 895 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Whenever I read comments by politicians defending the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Predator and Reaper program – aka drones – I wish I could ask them a few questions. I'd start with: "How many women and children have you seen incinerated by a Hellfire missile?" And: "How many men have you seen crawl across a field, trying to make it to the nearest compound for help while bleeding out from severed legs?" Or even more pointedly: "How many soldiers have you seen die on the side of a road in Afghanistan because our ever-so-accurate UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] were unable to detect an IED [improvised explosive device] that awaited their convoy?"

Few of these politicians who so brazenly proclaim the benefits of drones have a real clue of what actually goes on. I, on the other hand, have seen these awful sights first hand.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/29/drones-us-military

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:03:07 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Rapunzel

Wow.......... yet our men in Falujuah were tried because a member of AQ claimed they roughed him up.......... in the meantime....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Very few politicians ever see, or appreciate, the realities of the wars and fighting they call for; that's been the case ever since there have been politicians and wars.

Offline Cincinnatus

President Obama called out for boasting about his proficiency in targeted assassinations, as cited in the book 'Double Down'.Stating "I am really good at killing people" regarding drone strikes.

Interestingly link will not post but his statement appears in several places and is easy to find.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:44:09 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Very few politicians ever see, or appreciate, the realities of the wars and fighting they call for; that's been the case ever since there have been politicians and wars.
It has been said that wars are decided by old men, but fought by young men.

Too bad we don't fight hard enough to really win. We have pursued the war on terrorism for over 12 years, yet no nation or tribe or organization has surrendered to us. That is zero victories.

Maybe instead of pinpricks from drones, we need to level entire cities, and show them we mean business.

What would national security-conservative Americans think if Putin announced he's kill 10,000 muslims, for every Russian civilian death?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln