Author Topic: MSNBC Panelist Obeidallah Offers Self-Serving Apology to Romney Family  (Read 911 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/12/31/msnbc-panelist-obeidallah-apologizes-to-romney-familyNew%20Article

by John Nolte 31 Dec 2013, 6:29 AM PDT

Writing for The Daily Beast Tuesday, Dean Obeidallah apologized to the Romney family for his role in a MSNBC segment mocking Mitt Romney's grandson Kieran over the fact that the adopted baby is black. Obeidallah suggested Kieran is a token while using the child as a prop to rip the GOP. “I think this picture is great," Obeidallah said of a Romney family photo. "It really sums up the diversity of the Republican party, the RNC. At the convention, they find the one black person.”

While most of the Daily Beast piece comes off as Obeidallah using the controversy as a way to up his profile and pose as a defiant martyr against "wing nuts" (Breitbart News is mentioned) -- eventually, after 12 paragraphs of self-serving sanctimony, he writes:

I want to sincerely apologize to the Romney family if anyone was offended by my joke.  I did not in anyway mean to attack the Romney family for adopting a child, which is truly commendable. Nor did I intend to mock baby Kieran in any way. I would never intentionally demonize people in that manner.

Melissa Harris-Perry, the anchor hosting the widely criticized MSNBC segment, also apologized Tuesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: MSNBC Panelist Obeidallah Offers Self-Serving Apology to Romney Family
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 03:27:55 pm »
Ya know, at some point "Gee I'm sorry" just does not cut it any longer.  Why anyone invests one red cent on MSNBS is simply beyond me.  How Microsoft and NBC both escape criticism for this is also just beyond me.

At some point you would think the investors would look at the ever sagging ratings and start cutting their losses.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 03:28:19 pm »
A liberal being their normal, nasty self.

What a shock...

/s

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:28:38 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:31:40 pm »
Apology or not, what they did shows the mindset of liberals when the issue concerns republicans and blacks. Nothing rankles them more than to see conservatives embracing minorities, except maybe blacks embracing conservatism. They are truly the racists, but since they don't do any self introspection, they don't see what they really are.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »
I want to sincerely apologize to the Romney family if anyone was offended by my joke.  I did not in anyway mean to attack the Romney family for adopting a child, which is truly commendable. Nor did I intend to mock baby Kieran in any way. I would never intentionally demonize people in that manner

Yeah..................................................... right.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »
I want to sincerely apologize to the Romney family if anyone was offended by my joke.  I did not in anyway mean to attack the Romney family for adopting a child, which is truly commendable. Nor did I intend to mock baby Kieran in any way. I would never intentionally demonize people in that manner.

:bsflag:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:12:12 pm »
"I want to sincerely apologize to the Romney family if anyone was offended by my joke" is not an apology. It puts the burden on the offended party.  Yes, I was offended by your joke, so now will you apologize?  How about offering a sincere unconditional apology, something like, "What I said was offensive and wrong. I am very sorry I said it, I apologize and I hope the Romney family will accept my apology."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »
"I want to sincerely apologize to the Romney family if anyone was offended by my joke" is not an apology. It puts the burden on the offended party.  Yes, I was offended by your joke, so now will you apologize?  How about offering a sincere unconditional apology, something like, "What I said was offensive and wrong. I am very sorry I said it, I apologize and I hope the Romney family will accept my apology."

A liberal is never wrong and never makes a mistake because they always have good 'intentions' and that's all that counts in the liberal mind.

I'd say TBR posters are better at spotting the self-deception than most and you're exactly correct...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 04:34:01 pm »
Now, that's an apology, mountain. I'm copying it for future reference. If I had said that in my marriage I might not be separated now. Pride, ugh.

11thCommandment

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:59:29 pm »
Ya know, at some point "Gee I'm sorry" just does not cut it any longer.  Why anyone invests one red cent on MSNBS is simply beyond me.  How Microsoft and NBC both escape criticism for this is also just beyond me.

At some point you would think the investors would look at the ever sagging ratings and start cutting their losses.

But thats the perfect attack.  You first say the mean things, you wait, then you take them back so in the long run they both cancel out and its like you never said anything at all, isn't it?  If somebody else takes it the wrong way before you apologize, well, we aren't our brother's keepers are we?

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »
And the left continues to show their true colors, bunch of racist SOBs.