Author Topic: 'Phil Robertson made me feel unsafe in my own home': Gay Louisiana student writes powerful anonymous letter to Duck Dynasty star in wake of homophobic comments  (Read 1720 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530688/Phil-Robertson-feel-unsafe-home-Closeted-Louisiana-student-writes-powerful-open-letter-Duck-Dynasty-star-wake-homophobic-comments.html

'Phil Robertson made me feel unsafe in my own home': Gay Louisiana student writes powerful anonymous letter to Duck Dynasty star in wake of homophobic comments

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson caused controversy last week over homophobic comments he made in GQ magazine
    Robertson was briefly suspended from the show, but the A&E Network raised that ban yesterday
    In an emotional essay, a closeted gay college student who lives in the same town as the Robertson family reveals the damage Phil's words caused

By Alex Greig and Ashley Collman

PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 29 December 2013 | UPDATED: 10:42 EST, 29 December 2013

A closeted gay student living in West Monroe, Louisiana has written a powerful essay, criticizing the town's most famous residents - Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson.

Robertson made headlines after issuing homophobic comments in a GQ article, at one point comparing gay sex to bestiality, which got him put on suspension by the A&E network. But the network announced yesterday that they would be reinstating Robertson to the show, who so far has remained unapologetic about the comments.

In an essay posted on Times-Picuyne columnist Robert Mann's blog, the communications student writes that Robertson probably didn't mean to hurt anyone with his statements, he nonetheless created a hostile environment.

'He encouraged - hopefully unintentionally - a two-week-long "fag bashing" in Monroe and around the world. He made me feel unsafe in my own home. I can't count how many times I heard "faggot" over the Christmas visit home.'

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 goopo

Couldn't have said it better.

Now Mr. Anonymous Student - What you going to do about it?

I don't get your choice. Never mind it being a sin, it simply doesn't show up on the radar at all. But - if you are what you are, then pretending you are not is no way to go through life. You are closeted. Denying what you are and only admitting it anonymously.

Your call. Your family probably already knows - most of the people who love you already know. Why you give a shit what anyone else thinks?
I'd suggest you do something. Go to church. No, not to pray for forgiveness. To speak to Mr. Robertson. Face to face, like a man would do, instead of hiding behind anonymity. Dude might look on the rough side, but he'll not tear your head off.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Weepy little fag needs to stop calling so much attention to himself with his abnormal behavior and pathetic comments.  Problem solved.

Why is it that these ass commandos are suddenly the paradigm of modern civilization whose every move is to be applauded for some damned thing or another??  How is it brave to admit you are a regular rider on the Hershey Highway??

I still think this has a lot more to do with Phil Robertson's Christianity than his views on homos...and as they say, the flak is always thickest directly over the target.

quack

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline happyg

If this student is in the closet, why is s/he afraid?  The person remained anonymous for other reasons, probably someone from MSNBC.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If this student is in the closet, why is s/he afraid?  The person remained anonymous for other reasons, probably someone from MSNBC.

He's afraid that Alec Baldwin will come to Louisiana, pull him out from the closet and kick his ass. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:10:22 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Charlespg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530688/Phil-Robertson-feel-unsafe-home-Closeted-Louisiana-student-writes-powerful-open-letter-Duck-Dynasty-star-wake-homophobic-comments.html

'Phil Robertson made me feel unsafe in my own home': Gay Louisiana student writes powerful anonymous letter to Duck Dynasty star in wake of homophobic comments

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson caused controversy last week over homophobic comments he made in GQ magazine
    Robertson was briefly suspended from the show, but the A&E Network raised that ban yesterday
    In an emotional essay, a closeted gay college student who lives in the same town as the Robertson family reveals the damage Phil's words caused

By Alex Greig and Ashley Collman

PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 29 December 2013 | UPDATED: 10:42 EST, 29 December 2013

A closeted gay student living in West Monroe, Louisiana has written a powerful essay, criticizing the town's most famous residents - Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson.

Robertson made headlines after issuing homophobic comments in a GQ article, at one point comparing gay sex to bestiality, which got him put on suspension by the A&E network. But the network announced yesterday that they would be reinstating Robertson to the show, who so far has remained unapologetic about the comments.

In an essay posted on Times-Picuyne columnist Robert Mann's blog, the communications student writes that Robertson probably didn't mean to hurt anyone with his statements, he nonetheless created a hostile environment.

'He encouraged - hopefully unintentionally - a two-week-long "fag bashing" in Monroe and around the world. He made me feel unsafe in my own home. I can't count how many times I heard "faggot" over the Christmas visit home.'

continued at link
bleep and liberals create  a hostile environment for free speech
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Oceander

Are you kidding me?  What a loser.  Or an agent-provocateur.