Author Topic:  (Read 305 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: December 29, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
Poor ol' Natalie, trying desperately not to act like a leftist stooge - except that her original campaign for secretary of state was funded by George Soros. Nat's only claim to fame is serving as WVU's only female mascot. She wore buckskin and fired the musket whenever the Mountaineers scored a touchdown. Whoop-de-doo.

The race for the U.S. Senate (John D. Rockyfailure IV's old seat) consists of at least two Republican contenders - current 2d District congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito and constitutionalist/libertarian Air Force Academy alum Patrick McGeehan. Pat's a personal friend of mine, but I believe he's making a big mistake in tossing his hat into this ring. He and his supporters see Shelley as a RINO, GOPe, all the usual epithets, but I see her as the "80% friend" Reagan described. She's not perfect, but she is popular. On the other hand, Pat doesn't stand a chance. He couldn't even win a state senate race in 2012 (I did better than he did when I ran for state house of delegates, and my district was much more heavily weighted toward the Dems).

It's my understanding that the Republican hoping to take Shelley's to-be-vacated seat in the House of Representatives has a good shot, and it might cause an earthquake when WV has at least two of its three congresscritters with an "R" after their names.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf