Author Topic: I still get emotional about the JFK assassination 50 years later (Revealing Jesse Ventura Article)  (Read 377 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Skipping past the usual Ventural conspiracy stuff, this stood out in regards to his line of thinking, eliminating any doubt he is a lib.

There have even been a few brief shining moments when the real potential of that original vision took hold. One such moment was Franklin Roosevelt's presidency. A decimated work force that was shell-shocked from the Great Depression was struggling for its very survival. FDR came to the rescue with the New Deal, a program that redistributed wealth from Wall Street to workers who'd lost their jobs as a result of corporate greed and government corruption – does that sound like a problem you might be familiar with?

Another great moment was the presidency of John F Kennedy in the early 1960s. This time the world was reeling from the Cold War, and a military gone so mad with power and war-like policies (again, sound familiar?) created a very real threat of nuclear annihilation.
I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Offline Rapunzel

Oh my.  Independent my foot...
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Jesse Ventura.....hmmmm...wasn't he a boa-wearing rassler?   

He made his living being a phony.  Some people never change.
From  "A Shining City on a Hill"

To "A global laughingstock"

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
Jesse Ventura.....hmmmm...wasn't he a boa-wearing rassler?   

He made his living being a phony.  Some people never change.

:bigsilly:

Then again, perhaps he was more honest as a phony wrestler than as a phony politician.

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
:bigsilly:

Then again, perhaps he was more honest as a phony wrestler than as a phony politician.

I find little difference between the two.

I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf