Author Topic: Wendy Davis Goes to New York, Calls Texas ‘Toxic’  (Read 938 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Wendy Davis Goes to New York, Calls Texas ‘Toxic’
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:14:24 am »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/12/16/wendy-davis-goes-to-new-york-calls-texas-toxic/

Wendy Davis Goes to New York, Calls Texas ‘Toxic’

by: Bryan Preston

Wendy Davis might be confused. She claims that she is running as a Democrat for governor of Texas. But she keeps spending a huge amount of her time campaigning in places like New York. She fundraised there recently, and spoke to the College Democrats of New York.

Again, not Texas. New York.

On Tuesday, December 10th, Texas State Senator Wendy R. Davis was welcomed by some of New York’s finest movers and shakers at a contemporary loft gallery in SoHo.

Oh, how nice. And not stereotypical of coastal liberals at all.

At this small cocktail reception Ms. Davis spoke about her race for Governor, what she envisions for the deeply red state of Texas and how her grassroots campaign seeks to turn this key state blue in the near future.

That’s not so nice. Texas is thriving because Democrats like Davis have no power here. If it goes blue, Democrats like Davis intend to impose California-style policies here. What will all those Californians who moved here for jobs do when Davis Democrats chase those jobs away?

Davis doesn’t want to be known as “Abortion Barbie” when she happens to be in Texas. Outside Texas, she doesn’t seem to mind as much.

Linking her past to her political agenda, Ms. Davis spoke of her experience on the Senate floor for more than 11 hours as part of a filibuster to block Republicans from approving some of the toughest restrictions on abortion in the country.

Texas’ new law is no more restrictive than most other states and even France. It has majority support and was upheld in court.

She went on to say that Texas has the tendency and reputation of passing toxic policies that seem to spread across the country, as other states follow by their example.

What are those “toxic” policies? New York is trying to emulate Texas by offering tax breaks for businesses that move there. Are tax breaks “toxic” to Wendy Davis?

#AskWendy, but I’m sure she won’t answer.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Re: Wendy Davis Goes to New York, Calls Texas ‘Toxic’
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:56:56 am »
Texas should be so lucky to have her move to NY permanently.  It'd be the best for all concerned because (a) it would remove a toxic politician from Texas, and (b) NY is so rife with her ilk that adding her wouldn't change things one iota.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:15:41 am »
Skankatorous Davis trashes Texas in New York?

If that's on video, she's toast, for sure. 

In the year of Obamacare, Wendy's going to get crushed. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:52:42 am »
One may hope so. Who's she up against on the right hand side of the scale?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 05:55:18 am »
Skankatorous Davis trashes Texas in New York?

If that's on video, she's toast, for sure. 

In the year of Obamacare, Wendy's going to get crushed.

Because we all know one thing Texans love is for people to rip on our State... jeeze, Infanticide Barbie will even turn off the Dems with this move. I predict she'll win Austin and maybe some of North Dallas, but she just pissed off about 90% of the Blue Collar Democrats in Texas who potentially could have given her a few votes.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 05:59:04 am »
One may hope so. Who's she up against on the right hand side of the scale?

Gregg Abbot, our current AG, a real strong Conservative on most issues and one of those who has a mouth like Donald Rumsfield (tell them like it is).
Larry Kilgore is also declared in the Republican primary like he does every election. He is bound to get a dozen nutcases voting for him. (ie, he isn't a factor).

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:05:04 am »
Gregg Abbot, our current AG, a real strong Conservative on most issues and one of those who has a mouth like Donald Rumsfield (tell them like it is).

Sounds solid. Gov. Perry endorsed him yet?

(It's hard to keep up with all the states races!)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
Skankatorous Davis
What does that mean?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:30 pm »
Larry Kilgore is also declared in the Republican primary like he does every election. He is bound to get a dozen nutcases voting for him. (ie, he isn't a factor).

I've got a couple issues with Gregg Abbott. I've been following his postings on FaceBook and his main problem is that he seems to be running for POTUS, not the governorship of Texas. I realize that there are a lot of overlapping issues, but he needs to primarily stick to Texas issues for his campaign.

As for ............what's-her-name-again? 

***gadsen@@@
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.