Author Topic: As Predicted, ObamaCare Plunges Into 'Utter Chaos'  (Read 649 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

As Predicted, ObamaCare Plunges Into 'Utter Chaos'
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:27:25 am »
As Predicted, ObamaCare Plunges Into 'Utter Chaos'
Forbes Magazine
Michael F. Cannon, Contributor
12/27/2013

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelcannon/2013/12/27/as-predicted-obamacare-plunges-into-utter-chaos/

My December 2012 prediction that ObamaCare’s health insurance “exchanges” would not be ready on time proved true by July 2013, when President Obama unilaterally delayed the law’s employer mandate for a year. It proved painfully, obviously true when the Exchanges crashed upon takeoff on October 1, just as ObamaCare was throwing millions out of their current health plans.

My colleague Jagadeesh Gokhale‘s February 2013 prediction of “utter chaos” (audio here, at 48: 25) arguably proved true in October, and is now evident in President Obama’s decision to exempt from the individual mandate those millions whose plans Obama himself cancelled.

This categorical exemption is a bigger deal than it seems. With it, President Obama has admitted ObamaCare will strip many people of their health insurance and leave them with gaps in coverage, or no affordable coverage options at all. It is an implicit admission that ObamaCare has created economic peril for millions of Americans and political peril for Democrats.

More ---> http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelcannon/2013/12/27/as-predicted-obamacare-plunges-into-utter-chaos/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

Re: As Predicted, ObamaCare Plunges Into 'Utter Chaos'
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:12:02 am »
In this case it must be very cold comfort to have your predictions confirmed.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:06:44 am »
Government program = monster for people; the usual result.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
I agree with both of you.  The Democrats, and especially Obama, will do ANYTHING to salvage this wreck.  If that means harming real people, or collapsing the economy, or maligning the Constitution... so be it.  The final chapters of this debacle will be painful and destructive.  It is indeed cold comfort, at this moment, that the Democrats may pay a political price for the mess.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 02:45:02 pm »
I agree with both of you.  The Democrats, and especially Obama, will do ANYTHING to salvage this wreck.  If that means harming real people, or collapsing the economy, or maligning the Constitution... so be it.  The final chapters of this debacle will be painful and destructive.  It is indeed cold comfort, at this moment, that the Democrats may pay a political price for the mess.

"Catastrophe" may not be a powerful enough word to describe what is coming - not merely in terms of what the imposition of ACA/ObamaCare will do all by itself, but also with respect to what Democrats will likely be willing to do to defend and protect it.

Nice to see you back, Lando. Sorry to hear about your dad.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 03:30:38 pm »

"May" is the key word there.  Sure is a shame when so many can see the obvious but are continually swayed my more free sh*t.