Author Topic: Silence of the Lambs: GOP Establishment Remained Neutral on 'Duck Dynasty' Controversy  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
*toots*......not long ago it was *dame*.....is that how you refer to women?

Man this thread is heading out of control.....stop the bickering..everyone!

I'm good myst.

I'm banging on that ignore button like a new set of bongo drums.

I'm here to hang out with people that I like; DC, sinkspur, Oceander, aligncare...

The rest won't get to me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:06:18 am by admin »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Considering the amount of "credit" to go around on this thread, I seriously doubt you're in any danger of being sent to the corner for whatever you've posted here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm good myst.

I'm banging on that ignore button like a new set of bongo drums.

I'm here to hang out with people that I like; DC, sinkspur, Oceander, aligncare...

The ninnies, nannies and numbuts won't get to me.

Now you were doing good until you said
The ninnies, nannies and numbuts won't get to me.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Considering the amount of "credit" to go around on this thread, I seriously doubt you're in any danger of being sent to the corner for whatever you've posted here.

I dunno.  Myst doesn't like me anymore.

I have the distinction of being on "ignore" with more posters than anybody else here.

So you and Luis and DC and truth seeker  and a few others are all I have left.

But, the cream floats to the top, so I'm happy to be dog-paddling up here with you guys.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Never used the term "dame."   And "toots" is not derisive.  Ethel Merman made the term famous with "Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye."  It's not gender-specific.

But, that's all I'll say.  You're itching to kick me off the forum again, and I'm not going to give you the ammunition.

I could have sworn you referred to someone here as a dame not too long ago...my apologies if you didn't.....and I am not *itching* to kick anyone off the forum......just sick to death of the constant bickering I am seeing on a lot of threads....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I have the distinction of being on "ignore" with more posters than anybody else here.

But, the cream floats to the top, so I'm happy to be dog-paddling up here with you guys.

You may have lost that distinction sink since Luis returned.... :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:19:51 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Oceander

I wouldn't worry about it, I bet I'm probably on more ignore lists than you are.

Offline sinkspur

You may have lost that distinction sink since Luis returned.... :smokin:

Hey, if posters here don't like Luis' reasoned posts, it's their loss.  Same with Oceander.

Sticking fingers in ears is no way to go through life.

Offline sinkspur

I could have sworn you referred to someone here as a dame not too long ago...my apologies if you didn't.....and I am not *itching* to kick anyone off the forum......just sick to death of the constant bickering I am seeing on a lot of threads....

What's the point of a discussion forum if everybody agrees? 

"Bickering"  (a Cokie Roberts term) is the spice of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What's the point of a discussion forum if everybody agrees? 

"Bickering"  (a Cokie Roberts term) is the spice of life.

People can disagree without bickering...bickering always leads to insults which I see in many threads....say what you want on the term *toots* we have names.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

You're good at it, toots. 

Somebody clearly got your panties in a wad.

It's a sight to behold!!!!

I have to admit that this is getting really amusing.   :laugh:

Did I say that I agree that the GOP shouldn't have gotten involved in the DD controversy?

Yep.

I did!   Cheers, all!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Did I say that I agree that the GOP shouldn't have gotten involved in the DD controversy?

Yep.

:thumbsup:

Offline sinkspur

People can disagree without bickering...bickering always leads to insults which I see in many threads....say what you want on the term *toots* we have names.

My suggestion:  just let it go.

If things get out of hand, move to the boxing ring.

Offline musiclady

Heck....most of us here go back to TOS.  "FRiend" is a term of endearment to me.

That's where both owners and virtually all of the mods originate too.

No big deal, I hope!   :beer:

Not a big deal to me.

I just remember TOS well, and how many trolls were there, not to add cogent arguments, but to disrupt.

Sorry if I see a striking parallel to one or two here.

I'm just amused by their hyper-sensitivity after what we all endured at TOS.

(btw, the "toots" is hilarious.  I think it made sink feel like he was cool or something....    :silly: )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

Yep.

But that's not all you said.

No matter, though.  Take care.  Happy New Year.

Offline musiclady

:thumbsup:

And amazingly this toots made that comment with my 'panties in a wad.'

This really is amusing.

Haven't had this much fun in a 'debate' for quite a while.   :laugh:

Oceander

This really is amusing.

Every so often a little roughhousing can be good for the soul.

Offline musiclady

But that's not all you said.

No matter, though.  Take care.  Happy New Year.

Of COURSE that's not all I said.

I was giving my POV about the abridgement of Phil Robertson's free speech by his firing.

Oh, btw,  my panties are in the same spot as they were when it all began......................toots.........

Now excuse me as I go off to sensitivity training so I don't offend those on this forum with delicate sensibilities on this forum............hehe..................

And Happy New Year to you too.   :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

This really is amusing.

Not a big deal to me.

I just remember TOS well, and how many trolls were there, not to add cogent arguments, but to disrupt.

Sorry if I see a striking parallel to one or two here.

I'm just amused by their hyper-sensitivity after what we all endured at TOS.

(btw, the "toots" is hilarious.  I think it made sink feel like he was cool or something....    :silly: )

I'm far from cool.  Cool never crosses my mind.

If you don't like "toots," how about "chica"? 

It's Spanish for "an extremely hot girl". 

Offline musiclady

Every so often a little roughhousing can be good for the soul.

It really is.

Especially when you know it never gets out of control because of those who run the place.

I've had a smile on my face the entire time.  Nothing like a little verbal fisticuffs to keep you on your toes, eh?

Oceander

It really is.

Especially when you know it never gets out of control because of those who run the place.

I've had a smile on my face the entire time.  Nothing like a little verbal fisticuffs to keep you on your toes, eh?

Absolutely!  And a very Happy, Blessed New Year to you and yours!

Offline musiclady

I'm far from cool.  Cool never crosses my mind.

If you don't like "toots," how about "chica"? 

It's Spanish for "an extremely hot girl".

My husband would agree with you BIG time with that one..    :smokin:

(btw, never said I didn't like "toots."  Its inanity and desperation made me laugh).

Offline musiclady

Absolutely!  And a very Happy, Blessed New Year to you and yours!

And to you as well!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Oh, btw,  my panties are in the same spot as they were when it all began......................toots.........

Now excuse me as I go off to sensitivity training so I don't offend those on this forum with delicate sensibilities on this forum............hehe..................

And Happy New Year to you too.   :patriot:

MusicLady.....this would make a great moniker!   LOL!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

MusicLady.....this would make a great moniker!   LOL!   

Something you took?  :silly: