Author Topic: Sandwich-wielding police talk naked Oregon man off of ledge  (Read 402 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sandwich-wielding police talk naked Oregon man off of ledge
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »
Via NBC: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/28/22085529-sandwich-wielding-police-talk-naked-oregon-man-off-of-ledge

A crisis-intervention officer — armed with a sandwich — persuaded a naked, disturbed man to come down off the ledge of a parking structure he was threatening to jump off in Portland, Ore., Saturday.

Police said in a news release they responded to a call involving "a naked subject, possibly armed with a knife, acting as if he intended to jump off a parking structure" around 11:10 a.m. local time (2:30 p.m. ET).

The man "appeared to be experiencing a behavioral health crisis" -- sitting on the ledge, threatening to jump off and cutting himself, according to the release.

As an officer began speaking with the man, the troubled individual revealed he was hungry.

A sandwich was then procured from the nearby Hotel deLuxe, and officers used it to "move the subject away from the ledge," police said.

That's when the man was taken into custody without incident, officials said. He is currently being evaluated at a hospital.

Police said criminal charges may be filed in connection to vandalism to vehicles in the parking structure and other potential crimes.

*snort* The mental image is priceless.

Hope the guy gets the help he needs.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Sandwich-wielding police talk naked Oregon man off of ledge
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:11 am »
"You, dressed like a baloney sandwich, get out of my sight, you disgust me!" -- Monty Hall, Mad Magazine's "Let's Make a Deal" issue....