Author Topic: Impeached president to swear in Bill de Blasio  (Read 676 times)

rangerrebew

Impeached president to swear in Bill de Blasio
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »
Clintons to Boost Bill de Blasio’s Swearing-In Ceremony

By Colin Campbell 12/28 3:18pm

Bill de Blasio’s swearing-in event will feature two of the biggest names in Democratic politics: former President Bill Clinton and his wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Mr. Clinton himself will officially swear in Mr. de Blasio next Wednesday afternoon, the mayor-elect’s transition team announced Saturday.

Ms. Clinton is widely viewed as a front-running presidential contender in 2016–although she hasn’t declared her intent to run–and every move she makes is watched closely by political observers.

During the election, Ms. Clinton held a prominent fund-raiser for Mr. de Blasio, who was the campaign manager for her U.S. Senate race in 2000. He also previously worked as a HUD official in Mr. Clinton’s administration.

In a statement today, Mr. de Blasio said he “couldn’t be more excited” to have the two at his event.

“I was honored to serve in President Clinton’s Administration and on Secretary Clinton’s campaign for U.S. Senate, and I am honored again that they will both join our celebration for all of New York City. Wednesday’s ceremony will be an event for every New Yorker from all five boroughs, and Chirlane and I couldn’t be more excited to have President Clinton and Secretary Clinton stand with us,” he said.

According to the announcement, Mr. de Blasio will be sworn in with a bible once owned by President Franklin Roosevelt.

http://politicker.com/2013/12/clintons-to-boost-bill-de-blasios-swearing-in-ceremony/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:05:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Impeached president to swear in Bill de Blasio
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:38 pm »
You just cannot make stuff like this up, nor can you purchase political ammunition like this at any price.  You can be sure of one thing...neither one of the Clintons are doing this for free.  Someone has made a substantial cash payment to the Slickster and a substantial campaign donation to the Hildebeest. 

Hell, if she's elected Blasio might well be the next Director of Homeland Scrutiny.  No telling what has been promised over this one....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:59:34 pm »
I always thought the person doing the swearing in should hold some sort of official position, like judge. And now, impeached former president Bubba will administer the oath to the Marxist ...

Bill Clinton Will Preside at de Blasio’s Inauguration   
Casey Kelbaugh for The New York Times
By MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ
Published: December 28, 2013

Former President Bill Clinton will swear in Bill de Blasio as New York City’s 109th mayor at the inauguration ceremony on Jan. 1, the mayor-elect’s transition team announced in a statement on Saturday.

Mr. de Blasio served in Mr. Clinton’s administration as a regional director of the Department of Housing and Urban Development and was the campaign manager for Hillary Rodham Clinton’s successful run for the Senate in 2000. Mrs. Clinton will also attend the inauguration.

“I was honored to serve in President Clinton’s administration and on Secretary Clinton’s campaign for U. S. Senate, and I am honored again that they will both join our celebration for all of New York City,” Mr. de Blasio said in the statement. “Wednesday’s ceremony will be an event for every New Yorker from all five boroughs, and Chirlane and I couldn’t be more excited to have President Clinton and Secretary Clinton stand with us,” he said, referring to his wife, Chirlane McCray.

Mr. de Blasio later sent out a photograph on Twitter that it said had been taken at the White House in 2000 showing Mr. and Mrs. Clinton together with him, his wife and their two children, Chiara and Dante, who were then small enough to be carried in their parents’ arms.

The ceremony, which will begin at noon, will be held on the steps of City Hall in Lower Manhattan. Last week, Mr. de Blasio set aside 1,000 free tickets to the inauguration for the general public. The tickets were snatched up in less than two hours. Some appeared to be for sale on Craigslist.

He will be sworn in using a Bible once owned by President Franklin D. Roosevelt that will be on loan from his presidential library in Hyde Park, N.Y., the transition team said.

Mr. de Blasio’s transition team said that Lissette Ortiz, a Bronx resident, will introduce Mr. Clinton. Ms. Ortiz was born in the Dominican Republic and moved to the United States when she was 15. She is a senior at Medgar Evers College, part of the City University of New York, which Mr. de Blasio has vowed to provide with renewed investment.

To have a figure of Mr. Clinton’s stature swear in a New York City mayor is unusual. Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and his predecessor, Rudolph W. Giuliani, were sworn in by judges, as was Edward I. Koch, who was mayor from 1978 to 1989. In 1990, Mayor David N. Dinkins, was sworn in by his former law partner.

Mr. Bloomberg largely shunned political star power at his inaugurations in favor of the Hollywood variety. His first two inaugurations included, among others, Liza Minnelli, Wynton Marsalis, Bette Midler and Barbara Walters.

At his third inauguration in 2010, Mr. Bloomberg was joined on stage by Mr. de Blasio, newly elected as New York’s public advocate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:27:46 pm »
Hell, if she's elected Blasio might well be the next Director of Homeland Scrutiny.  No telling what has been promised over this one....

Maybe even the "czar" of communist communication!