Author Topic: Jonah Goldberg: Vulgarity invades entire culture; few options for escape  (Read 238 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline mountaineer

Re: Jonah Goldberg: Vulgarity invades entire culture; few options for escape
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
I embarked on a bit of a career change about 21 years ago, taking a break from my profession to earn a culinary arts degree. Most of my classmates were quite young - 20-ish - and I was appalled at their language. I'll never forget the time one young man recounted the previous evening's activities, using the "f-word" three times in one sentence, to-wit, "We f-in' f-ed all f'in' night long." The fellow to whom he was speaking responded, "No f---!"

:nometalk:

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
I embarked on a bit of a career change about 21 years ago, taking a break from my profession to earn a culinary arts degree. Most of my classmates were quite young - 20-ish - and I was appalled at their language. I'll never forget the time one young man recounted the previous evening's activities, using the "f-word" three times in one sentence, to-wit, "We f-in' f-ed all f'in' night long." The fellow to whom he was speaking responded, "No f---!"

:nometalk:

Very interesting, as I did much the same thing in 2003, using my GI Bill to attend culinary school.  I teamed up with another fellow who was well over 40 like me, and we smoked virtually ever 20 something in our classes not in small part because we could relate to the instructors much better being closer to their age.  But one of the things that put us apart was the amazing array of crudities in the kitchen.  I'm a retired sailor and some of them embarrassed me....

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »
I guess I'll just have to stick with "Chopped" on the Food Channel.  They hardly ever swear. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf