Author Topic: MSNBC's Michael Eric Dyson: How low can you go?  (Read 499 times)

rangerrebew

MSNBC's Michael Eric Dyson: How low can you go?
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:19 pm »
MSNBC's Michael Eric Dyson – How Low Can You Go?

By Onan Coca   / 27 December 2013   / 195 Comments   

338Share   5   481Share   34Tweet

If you’ve ever wondered how disgusting and low MSNBC could go, wonder no more. One of the liberal networks favorite talking heads has managed to sully the name of our God in an attempt to paint believers in traditional marriage as latent homosexuals.

Michael Eric Dyson: I mean it’s -- well, first of all, it’s scurrilous, but it’s the same as using Jesus in making Jesus co-sign all of this bigotry here. Jesus was a Jew who, around whom a religion was made. So the anti-Semitism of many of the Christians is ironic to begin with.
 And then secondly, the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual stuff - look through the Bible. There’s a lot of interesting things. The same men who will stand up in the church of all men. "I put my God, Jesus, overall women. I love him more than I love her."

Hmmm. Do you really? That sounds interestingly homoerotic to people who are outside your religious traditions. I’m not suggesting it is but I’m suggesting that there are some very interesting, subtle, narrative tensions within the Bible itself and within Christianity beyond that.

The difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals personalize every disagreement. For Michael Eric Dyson to feel superior, he must make his opponents seem low. In his mind we are fiscally conservative not because we believe that it makes more economic sense, but because we are racists. If we happen to be non-white conservatives, it’s not because we agree on matters of policy with conservatives, but because we have been brainwashed by our white masters, evoking a “slave on the plantation” mentality that all conservatives of color seem to get painted with. If we are for traditional marriage it cannot be because we believe marriage to be a sacred institution designed by God and imbued with supernatural power. No, in Michael Eric Dyson’s sick and twisted mind, we fight for traditional marriage because we are homophobic, and we are homophobic because we are scared of some weird latent homosexual desires.

It’s sad, Mr. Dyson. It’s a sad mental state that you must continually live in to make every disagreement so personal. But to dredge these depths. To attack the Holiness of our God – simply for effect… it’s sad. Very, very sad.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/3839/msnbcs-michael-eric-dyson-low-can-go/#8uegYgrd7bxZrZTx.99