Author Topic: J$ss$ J$cks$n demands meeting with A & E to discuss Duck Dynasty's Robertson  (Read 1102 times)

rangerrebew

Jesse Jackson Demands Meeting With A&E to Discuss Duck Dynasty's Robertson

By Noel Sheppard

Created 12/27/2013 - 10:42am

I guess we should have expected this.

According to a Christmas Day report at ABCNews.com, race hustler Jesse Jackson on Monday demanded a meeting with A&E to discuss the comments of Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson.

Jackson also made the same request of Cracker Barrel which after initially pulling all the Duck Dynasty gear from its shelves in response to Robertson's comments rescinded that decision after strong pushback from customers.

At issue for Jackson were Robertson's remarks about blacks being happy in the south prior to the civil rights movement.

What's interesting here is that Jackson's demand was issued on December 23 with a request that the meeting take place within 72 hours.

That should have expired some time on Thursday. A Google search found no evidence that such meetings took place.

Makes one wonder if A&E and Cracker Barrel ignored Jackson's request.

Jackson is also reported to have made an absurd historical comparison concerning Robertson's comments in a statement obtained by ABC News.

“These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago...At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”

What would you expect from a race hustler?

http://newsbusters.org/print/69387
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:01:19 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

:thud:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:21:28 pm by flowers »

Offline musiclady

...At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”

This is an utterly nonsensical statement.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

What would you expect from a race hustler?

Required for every Je$$e Jack$on thread...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Gimmee money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

Duck Dynasty back with Phil.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:30:11 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Revrend this...
and Revernd..that.

All of these self-declared "Reverends" should all go f**k each other. IMHO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, that backfired on 'the Reverend', didn't it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

Well, that backfired on 'the Reverend', didn't it?

Who's nutz just got cut off?    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

Hilarious statement by A&E about values and all that.........

Not a word about money.........    :smokin:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline olde north church

I believe we have seen the high water mark of "Gay Power" for quite some time.  I believe we have seen the high water mark of "Black Power" for quite some time.  It is now essential to crush their bones to a fine powder lest they rear their ugly heads again.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

I believe we have seen the high water mark of "Gay Power" for quite some time.  I believe we have seen the high water mark of "Black Power" for quite some time.  It is now essential to crush their bones to a fine powder lest they rear their ugly heads again.

In layman's terms, it's called 'bullying,' and they're very efficient at getting results by intimidation and belittling anyone who gets in their way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And thus far the flim flam man has heard only [[[[[crickets]]]]] in response to his demands which, I have to say, pleases me to no end!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien