Author Topic: A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'  (Read 744 times)

Offline flowers

A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-e-welcomes-phil-robertson-667647

Phil Robertson, the patriarch of A&E's Duck Dynasty clan who was suspended from his hit reality series on Dec. 18 following some incendiary comments about gay people, won't be put on hiatus after all.

The network and the Robertson family announced Friday that Phil will still be part of the series -- and since he didn't miss any filming, his temporary suspension will have no effect on the upcoming fifth season.

An A&E statement to The Hollywood Reporter read:

As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

following some incendiary comments
What incendiary comments??

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:56:37 pm »
That didn't take long!

ROFLMFAO!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-e-welcomes-phil-robertson-667647
What incendiary comments??

It is apparently impossible for a current day writer to scribble even a sentence without including his own editorial remarks!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 11:06:41 pm »
Great!

Now I would encourage the production company who has the actual contract with the Robertson family to dump A&E network and find another suitable cable channel.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »
I guess reading out loud of like Phil did paraphrasing Scripture is now considered  incendiary comments. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn