Author Topic: Liberal Commercial talk radio disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014  (Read 2320 times)

rangerrebew

Liberal Commercial talk radio disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:08:40 pm »
Liberal Commercial Talk Radio Disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014

Only NPR is left.

|
 Truth Revolt |

2014 will mark the beginning of a massive change for liberal talk radio across the country. In New York, WWRL 1600 AM will flip to Spanish-language music and talk, throwing Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, and Alan Colmes off the air. In Los Angeles, KTLK 1150 will be dumping Stephanie Miller, Rhodes, Bill Press and David Cruz off the air in favor of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. In San Francisco, KNEW 960 will leave Miller, Hartmann, and Mike Malloy without a radio home in the market.

Thanks to radio consolidation and the secondary status of leftist talk in major markets across the country, the final death knell for liberal talkers could be tolling. Leftist talkers simply don’t have the same radio draw as conservatives; KTLK was ranked #41 in the market in November 2013, with WWRL registering almost no pulse at all. KNEW registered just an 0.4 in the San Francisco market in December 2013, placing it #31 in the market.

The failure of commercial leftist talk means that only government-sponsored NPR remains in many major markets.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/liberal-commercial-talk-radio-disappears-ny-la-sf-2014
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:09:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Liberal Commercial talk radio disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:20:31 pm »
:bigsilly:

Of course, the depressing counterweight is that liberals still manage to use the federal government as a underwriter of their political propaganda, via NPR.

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »
They can always go to satellite radio. There are conservative radio stations on Sirius XM. Hannity, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck, is on SiriusXM PatriotConservative Talk.

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmpatriot/weeklyschedule
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:40:21 pm by SPQR »

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:53 pm »
They can always go to satellite radio. There are conservative radio stations on Sirius XM. Hannity, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck, is on SiriusXM PatriotConservative Talk.

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmpatriot/weeklyschedule

Only if they can find someone who wants to carry them on satellite.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:08:24 pm »

That would be Xirius XM, available in your car, handheld, over the net, etc.

They have carried Hannity, Levin, Larry Elder for years.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 11:23:20 pm »
I have Sirius XM on my handheld. Its not expensive to have Sirius in your automobile. If they have Howard Stern on three channels they can find them a channel

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 11:24:04 pm »
I have Sirius XM on my handheld. Its not expensive to have Sirius in your automobile. If they have Howard Stern on three channels they can find them a channel

Do they provide all of the production facilities and equipment for free?

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:24:44 pm »
Do they provide all of the production facilities and equipment for free?

I really do not know how they have it set up.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 11:25:53 pm »
I really do not know how they have it set up.

Also, why haven't they appeared on Sirius XM already?

SPQR

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 11:27:58 pm »
Also, why haven't they appeared on Sirius XM already?

You would have to ask the owners. Sirius is a publically owned company and have radio programmers.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:29:30 pm by SPQR »

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:16 pm »
You would have to ask the owners. Sirius is a publically owned company and have radio programmers.

True enough; my question was largely rhetorical.  It seems to me, however, that since Sirius is in business to make a profit, and will generally make available anyone who will generate more revenue than expense, their failure to include these liberal chatters is based on a determination that these liberal chatters simply aren't popular enough to justify giving them the use of scarce resources.

SPQR

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 11:35:32 pm »
True enough; my question was largely rhetorical.  It seems to me, however, that since Sirius is in business to make a profit, and will generally make available anyone who will generate more revenue than expense, their failure to include these liberal chatters is based on a determination that these liberal chatters simply aren't popular enough to justify giving them the use of scarce resources.

Sirius has enough channels(bandwith) to suit these people. They gave Howard Stern three channels and a large chunk of Sirius stock.Fox News has a channel so does CNN.NPR has a channel on Sirius.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:38:54 pm by SPQR »

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 11:39:01 pm »
Sirius has enough channels(bandwith) to suit these people. They gave Howard Stern three channels and a large chunk of Sirius stock.Fox News has a channel so does CNN.

They may have the resources, the question is whether they see it as worthwhile to let someone use those resources, which is a wholly different question.

SPQR

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 11:40:31 pm »
They may have the resources, the question is whether they see it as worthwhile to let someone use those resources, which is a wholly different question.

If NPR has a channel, they will give these people a channel.That determination is left to the programming of Sirius.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:41:35 pm by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 11:42:42 pm »

I have 300 channels on my Sirius and they keep on adding new stuff every weekend. They even have a channel dedicated to disco music.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:29 pm »

Could be simply a rights issue. Fox and CNN are both big enough to use multiple markets and take a small ad hit. Hannity, Levin and Stern - IIRC - owns their shows outright and can license it to whoever they want, as long as there is not a no-competition clause.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »
Could be simply a rights issue. Fox and CNN are both big enough to use multiple markets and take a small ad hit. Hannity, Levin and Stern - IIRC - owns their shows outright and can license it to whoever they want, as long as there is not a no-competition clause.
Good Point

SPQR

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 12:01:48 am »
I have 300 channels on my Sirius and they keep on adding new stuff every weekend. They even have a channel dedicated to disco music.

Sirius has a progressive talk radio channel.

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmprogress

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:08 am »

Disco is infinitely preferable to liberal chatter, IMHO.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 12:52:00 am »
XM has a "left" channel and another called "Potus" which leans left much of the time.

Also NPR, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

There is no shortage of overall programming on satellite.

Conservative has Fox News, Fox Business, Patriot.

SPQR

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 01:36:27 am »
XM has a "left" channel and another called "Potus" which leans left much of the time.

Also NPR, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

There is no shortage of overall programming on satellite.

Conservative has Fox News, Fox Business, Patriot.

Thanks to those satellites high in the sky, you can have SiriusXM Satellite Radio almost anywhere - within the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (with some limitations), hundreds of miles out into the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea and the Great Lakes. Commercial free
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:41:01 am by SPQR »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:03 am »
Thanks to those satellites high in the sky, you can have SiriusXM Satellite Radio almost anywhere - within the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (with some limitations), hundreds of miles out into the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea and the Great Lakes. Commercial free
I know. I've had satellite radio for nearly 10 years.

SPQR

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 02:07:31 am »
I know. I've had satellite radio for nearly 10 years.

Other people do not know that