Author Topic: Anthony Weiner Hints of Another Comeback Attempt  (Read 779 times)

Offline flowers

Anthony Weiner Hints of Another Comeback Attempt
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:15:43 pm »
http://politicker.com/2013/12/anthony-weiner-hints-of-another-comeback-attempt/

Former Congressman Anthony Weiner posted a thank you message to supporters on Facebook this afternoon that leaves the door open–ever so slightly–to another comeback run.

“What’s next? I’ll keep you posted on my plans. But I hope we keep the band together,” he wrote in the message to supporters posted on his Facebook page.

“(Who knows, maybe I have a third book of ideas in me!)” he added.

Mr. Weiner, who lost his race for mayor this summer following revelations that he’d continued sexting with women long after he resigned from Congress, has kept largely out of the spotlight since his loss.

In the message, titled “What’s Next? First, Let Me Say Thanks,” Mr. Weiner reflects on the year that was.

“I do want to take stock a bit of 2013. It certainly didn’t go as I had hoped,” he wrote. “I continue to be deeply sorry that my personal mistakes undermined an amazing campaign that included too many amazing staffers to mention and hundreds of volunteers and many of you who kept active from afar with ideas, contributions and encouraging notes.”

He also encouraged his supporters to keep up the fight for immigration reform and universal health care–and to avoid the urge to move to the center.

“[W]e all have sought to make the argument that too often we progressives come to knife fights carrying library books. Although my Republican friends have to decide what to do with the tea party wackadoo wing of their party, it does not constitute a strategy to simply sit back and watch them immolate. Our team has to be a font of ideas and debate …” he wrote, urging readers to “remember the admonition of Jim Hightower, who frequently said, ‘there’s nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.’”

Here is the letter, in full:

What’s Next? First, Let Me Say Thanks

There is a fundamental optimism that is wired into the DNA of America and its true capital – New York City. We are a place that people come to improve their condition. And once here we are unified by a common aspiration – to leave our kids a place better than the one we found. In the ideological battleground that seeks to define what it is to be American, perhaps we can lay down arms and say that our most shared quality is optimism. After all, nobody picks up their lives and crosses the sea unless they are hopeful about the future. Nearly all of our families did that.

So in spite of the challenges that we face in our families and in our communities, I look forward to a better 2014.

He could be the new mayors communications director.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Anthony Weiner Hints of Another Comeback Attempt
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »
So in essence, Weiner has decided to stick it out a while longer.  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:00:42 pm »
]
So in essence, Weiner has decided to stick it out a while longer.  :whistle:
:laugh:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:02:47 pm »
Headline writers and late-night hosts are cautiously optimistic.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 07:12:28 pm »
Headline writers and late-night hosts are cautiously optimistic.

I hope the New York Post sent Weiner a holiday greeting card, in thanks for his essential contribution to their sales revenues.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 05:25:10 am »
I hope the New York Post sent Weiner a holiday greeting card, in thanks for his essential contribution to their sales revenues.

:bigsilly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 05:31:47 am »
This chump is absolutely incapable of living off anything except the government tit.

Totally worthless.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 06:06:53 am »
This chump is absolutely incapable of living off anything except the government tit.

Totally worthless.

Yeah, but he provides so much comic relief!