Author Topic: Christmas night fight between sisters over apple fritters ends in stabbing  (Read 894 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Christmas night fight between sisters over apple fritters ends in stabbing

One sister is hospitalized and another is in jail after an argument over apple fritters ended in a stabbing.

Akron police say they were called to the 900 block of Springdale Street around 11:30 p.m. Christmas night for a reported stabbing.

Investigators say one sister was in the kitchen making apple fritters when two other sisters “started to play fight” over the treat.

At one point, police say, one sister pulled the hair of the other sister.

The sister whose hair was pulled, Contisha Q. Hayes, pulled out a knife and stabbed her sister, Tamara D. Delaney, 21, in the chest.

Delaney was taken to Akron City Hospital for treatment of what authorities say was nonlife-threatening injuries.

Hayes, 21, of Callis Oval, has been charged with felonious assault.

She is in the Summit County Jail.

http://www.ohio.com/news/christmas-night-fight-between-sisters-over-apple-fritters-ends-in-stabbing-1.455161?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Christmas night fight between sisters over apple fritters ends in stabbing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
Totally understandable......   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:42:10 pm »
Fritters, barbecue sauce ... who knows what foodstuff will spark a holiday fight?
Denbo couple jailed after barbecue sauce dispute
Washington (Pa.) Observer-Reporter

A couple spent Christmas in Washington County jail after fighting over barbecue sauce. William Edward Balas, 56, and his girlfriend, Tracy Lee Giffin, 42, both of Denbo, have been charged with simple assault and harassment.

Belle Vernon state police responded to a call of a domestic dispute at 20 Ridge Road in Denbo around 11 p.m. Tuesday. Police said Giffin bit Balas on the nose and hand, and then he struck her in the eye. Both had injuries.

The fight started because Giffin neglected to pick up barbecue sauce from the grocery store, according to the police report.

The couple was video arraigned by District Judge David Mark and taken to jail on $5,000 bond early Wednesday morning.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:49:58 pm »
Must have been ONE HELL of a fritter.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 06:30:43 pm »
I don't know what kind of families you came from but I had 2 sisters and a brother and we certainly didn't nor don't now go around fist fighting or stabbing each other. We verbally fought of course as all siblings do but physical wasn't allowed in my family nor were my kids allowed to physically fight with one another it can be taught you know. Obviously this family of blacks is a great model for families according to your comments. This is violence at it's worst.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »
I don't know what kind of families you came from but I had 2 sisters and a brother and we certainly didn't nor don't now go around fist fighting or stabbing each other. We verbally fought of course as all siblings do but physical wasn't allowed in my family nor were my kids allowed to physically fight with one another it can be taught you know. Obviously this family of blacks is a great model for families according to your comments. This is violence at it's worst.

We did the opposite. The kids were encouraged to fight with each other in a structured setting. Same with the grand kids. Fists, martial arts and practice blades were and are all used. Gives them confidence - not a one of them ever gets bullied in school and none of them bully others.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »

Feats of Strength:  Feats of Strength always follows the Airing of Grievances as the final Festivus catharsis.
 For practitioners of Seinfeldian Festivus, Feats of Strength requires that a chosen Festivus reveler wrestle
 the head of the household.  Festivus can only end once the head of the household has been pinned to the ground. 

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org