Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce to Spend $50 Million to Crush Tea Party  (Read 4603 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chamber of Commerce to Spend $50 Million to Crush Tea Party
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:28:26 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/26/Chamber-of-Commerce-To-Spend-50-Million-To-Crush-Tea-Party

by Wynton Hall 26 Dec 2013, 12:08 PM PDT

On Christmas Day, the Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce says it plans to spend at least $50 million to "support establishment, business-friendly candidates in primaries and the general election, with an aim of trying to win a Republican Senate majority."

"Our No. 1 focus is to make sure, when it comes to the Senate, that we have no loser candidates," said U.S. Chamber of Commerce top political strategist Scott Reed. "That will be our mantra: No fools on our ticket."

GOP establishment officials hope to elide Tea Party challenges by shrinking the nomination process down to a tight four-month window replete with penalties for states that shirk the rules.

The WSJ reported that Republican leaders "hope a less restive Republican caucus will allow the House to pass a farm bill and push ahead on at least incremental overhauls of the immigration system."

The Chamber's comments are just the latest salvo in a widening battle between the conservative Tea Party grassroots and the establishment wing of the Republican Party. Increasingly, the Tea Party's growing power and influence has unmoored Republican politicians from their traditional alliance with Wall Street in favor of grassroots conservative activists.

The shift comes as grassroots activists have re-framed the GOP's old "pro-business" stance into a "pro-free markets" positioning that eschews corporate welfare and taxpayer-funded crony capitalist giveaways to industries that make major political contributions and reap big government contracts paid for by voters. 

The Journal says that joining the Chamber of Commerce will be groups like Karl Rove's American Crossroads, who "are preparing an aggressive effort to groom and support more centrist Republican candidates."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Chamber of Commerce to Spend $50 Million to Crush Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:44:04 am »
Increasingly, the Tea Party's growing power and influence has unmoored Republican politicians from their traditional alliance with Wall Street in favor of grassroots conservative activists.

Wynton Hall is giving his personal opinion here, and it is "unmoored" from fact.

The fact is, the Tea Party's influence is waning in the GOP, as exhibited by the overwhelming vote in favor of the just-passed budget.

The GOP is focused on taking the Senate, not on putting ideologically pure candidates on the ballot.  Ridding the country of Obamacare, or crippling it, is the most important issue before the country.  Holding both Houses of Congress will give the GOP a great deal of leverage in 2015.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:09:34 am »
"Our No. 1 focus is to make sure, when it comes to the Senate, that we have no loser candidates," said U.S. Chamber of Commerce top political strategist Scott Reed. "That will be our mantra: No fools on our ticket."

There are some very good "Tea Party" prospects for the House, such as Mia Love, but what the GOP can't do is to put lemons like these three on the ticket in a winnable senatorial race.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:10:48 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:18:57 am »
I would logically expect the Chamber of Commerce to be pro-business.

I hope the Tea Party movement puts forth some top notch candidates, who replace democrats.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:52:07 am »
The fact is, the Tea Party's influence is waning in the GOP, as exhibited by the overwhelming vote in favor of the just-passed budget.

An inadvertent admission as to why voting for RINOs is pointless. All they are is Democrat Lite so why not just let real thing destroy the dollar and the economy?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:19:06 am »
That budget is a disgrace.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 04:21:37 am »

It's the best we can get with divided government.   You do know we have divided government, don't you?

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 02:55:55 pm »
It's the best we can get with divided government.   You do know we have divided government, don't you?
I don't need your condescension big boy.
The budget is a disgrace whether it's the best we can get, the worst we can get or anywhere in between.

You do know what a disgrace is, don't you?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 03:01:32 pm »
The budget is a disgrace whether it's the best we can get, the worst we can get or anywhere in between.

It is a disgrace evadR2.  But the biggest disgrace is that so many of our citizens are so complacent with the status quo.  There's the crux of the problem.  Even here, there are those that just shrug and say, "both sides do it, that's just politics".

:shrug:  :thud:   **nononono*   8888crybaby
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

I know what a disgrace is and you are right to call this budget deal one because that is EXACTLY what it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:47 pm »
There are some very good "Tea Party" prospects for the House, such as Mia Love, but what the GOP can't do is to put lemons like these three on the ticket in a winnable senatorial race.

Anyone who has the audacity to challenge the establishment in Washington is automatically a "lemon"  to the establishment in Washington!

The only thing wrong with any of those candidates is that they did exactly that!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:32:33 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 03:31:04 pm »
CoC has a big problem with their enemy identification.  Or more likely, they don't...as they are acting like a tool for the Democrats and Republicans, both of which represent the real problem in our Government.

We have allowed our Government to systematically disassemble the Constitution as it was written, and after 100 years of incrementalism by the Left, Progressives and Democrats, the inevitable result is that you have the Government of, for, and by the People that answers to nothing other than the agendas of the two political parties.  The States have been dealt out of the game and can do nothing, and both parties depend on their base of ill and under-informed voters to keep professional politicians in office until they die.

How long the People allow this to continue is an open question.  Best to be prepared for what comes after this mess finally collapses of its own weight.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »
CoC has a big problem with their enemy identification.  Or more likely, they don't...as they are acting like a tool for the Democrats and Republicans, both of which represent the real problem in our Government.

We have allowed our Government to systematically disassemble the Constitution as it was written, and after 100 years of incrementalism by the Left, Progressives and Democrats, the inevitable result is that you have the Government of, for, and by the People that answers to nothing other than the agendas of the two political parties.  The States have been dealt out of the game and can do nothing, and both parties depend on their base of ill and under-informed voters to keep professional politicians in office until they die.

How long the People allow this to continue is an open question.  Best to be prepared for what comes after this mess finally collapses of its own weight.

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."

Thomas Paine

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »

Wow, thanks for that Captain Obvious moment.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
The States have been dealt out of the game and can do nothing, and both parties depend on their base of ill and under-informed voters to keep professional politicians in office until they die.

Isn't that true. The entrenched establishment never gets 'voted' out. They leave their multimillion dollar offices, and their multimillion dollar salaries in a box. And even in death they still fight to keep their position. Even when they are dead, you need six men to drag them out of their offices kicking and screaming the whole time. That is why congressmen fear death more than anything else. It is something they can't rig, cheat, or bribe.

Death, to a congressman, is the ultimate boot.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 07:18:41 pm »
bmk

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 02:17:08 am »

"Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made."
--John Godfrey Saxe

Those with weak stomaches should not watch laws or sausages being made.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:17:33 am by Oceander »

Offline Carling

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 02:34:05 am »
Anyone who has the audacity to challenge the establishment in Washington is automatically a "lemon"  to the establishment in Washington!

The only thing wrong with any of those candidates is that they did exactly that!

The only thing wrong with those three candidates is, through their own inexperience and stupidity, they lost very winnable Senate races, and all because they weren't at all ready for prime time.  But, the Tea Party got their wish, and got rid of a RINO in the primaries and elected Democrats to the Senate.

Sharon Angle was the worst of the bunch.  What an embarrassment, although Rape Akin and his extremist views on abortion come in a close second.  O'Donnell was at least somewhat qualified, but her "I'm not a witch" ad spelled doom for her.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:37:34 am by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 02:34:53 am »
Wow, thanks for that Captain Obvious moment.

Um, OK.  You're welcome?   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:55 am »

It's not condescension.   You seem not to be able to distinguish the possible from the ideal.

Offline evadR

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 03:40:47 am »
"Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made."
--John Godfrey Saxe

Those with weak stomaches should not watch laws or sausages being made.
...or septic tanks being pumped.

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 04:14:39 am »
...or septic tanks being pumped.

As the sign on the back of many a honeypot says: doody calls!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:16:06 am by Oceander »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 04:29:17 am »
The only thing wrong with those three candidates is, through their own inexperience and stupidity, they lost very winnable Senate races, and all because they weren't at all ready for prime time.  But, the Tea Party got their wish, and got rid of a RINO in the primaries and elected Democrats to the Senate.

Sharon Angle was the worst of the bunch.  What an embarrassment, although Rape Akin and his extremist views on abortion come in a close second.  O'Donnell was at least somewhat qualified, but her "I'm not a witch" ad spelled doom for her.

They lost but not due to anything you said! They lost because they were running against a. the Democrat incumbent, b. the Establishment GOP, and 3. the media.  (A and B are admittedly the same thing essentially.)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 04:30:40 am »
They lost but not due to anything you said! They lost because they were running against a. the Democrat incumbent, b. the Establishment GOP, and 3. the media.  (A and B are admittedly the same thing essentially.)

Sharon Angle was not up to snuff, not by any legitimate measure.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 04:34:01 am »
Sharon Angle was not up to snuff, not by any legitimate measure.

To say nothing of Christine O'Donnell, who proved in that ridiculous "I'm not a witch" commercial that she was simply not a serious candidate.