Author Topic: Author: Military 'purge' meant to weed out officers who won't fire on Americans  (Read 1041 times)

rangerrebew

Author: Military 'purge' meant to weed out officers who won't fire on Americans

On Wednesday, The Blaze reported that nine senior flag officers have been fired by the Obama administration this year alone, leading some to believe that a "purge" is underway. On Thursday, Dr. Jim Garrow, a renowned author and humanitarian who was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, told Examiner.com in an exclusive interview he believes it's part of the effort to weed out those who won't swear loyalty to President Obama and obey orders to fire on American citizens who refuse to give up their guns.

Dr. Garrow said the president is looking for officers who will ultimately swear loyalty to him and blindly do as he says rather than follow lawful orders.

From there, he explained, it's not too much of a stretch for those officers to fire on U.S. citizens who refuse to obey gun confiscation orders.

"Obama is basically saying 'obey me' rather than the lawful orders," he said.

"It all has to do with breaching the Constitution," he added.

According to Sara Carter, commanders who spoke to The Blaze say the administration "is not only purging the military of commanders they don’t agree with, but is striking fear in the hearts of those still serving."

“I think they’re using the opportunity of the shrinkage of the military to get rid of people that don’t agree with them or not tow the party line. Remember, as (former White House chief of staff) Rahm Emanuel said, never waste a crisis,” one senior retired general told The Blaze on the condition of anonymity. “Even as a retired general, it’s still possible for the administration to make life miserable for us. If we’re working with the government or have contracts, they can just rip that out from under us.”

Since Obama came to power, Dr. Garrow said, over 30 senior officers have been let go. And, he added, White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett maintains a "preeminent position of influence."

"Enough that if, in the absence of the president, in a room full of military leaders, they'd listen to Jarrett as if it was Obama speaking to them," he added.

"It heartening to know there are men who are willing to step away from a lifelong career to stand for the Constitution," he said, expressing sadness the officers were no longer serving.

The reason for this "purge," Dr. Garrow said, is that Obama is taking on the role of a tyrant, and acts as a tyrant, which explains why he treats Republicans the way he does.

The situation with the military is so bad an unidentified Pentagon official told The Blaze that even “young officers, down through the ranks have been told not to talk about Obama or the politics of the White House."

"They are purging everyone and if you want to keep your job — just keep your mouth shut," the official reportedly said, asking to remain anonymous because they were not authorized to speak on the matter, Carter added.

In January, Dr. Garrow wrote on Facebook that President Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens.

"I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new 'litmus test' in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks," he wrote.

Recently, former Navy SEAL Ben Smith echoed Dr. Garrow's statement in an interview with Alex Jones.

“Going back to the beginning of this administration, I’ve had friends within the community talking about how they were brought in and questioned with people from more towards the top side and the questioning….where it was pointing was do you feel comfortable disarming American citizens,” he said.

This, he added, was just one of the many “funny things” taking place within the military.

"When Smith was asked by radio host Alex Jones if this line of questioning included a litmus test whereby military officers were asked if they would fire on U.S. citizens, he responded in the affirmative," Paul Joseph Watson wrote Wednesday.

Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely weighed in on the situation.

"Obama will not purge a civilian or political appointee because they have bought into Obama’s ideology,” he told The Blaze. “The White House protects their own. That’s why they stalled on the investigation into fast and furious, Benghazi and Obamacare. He’s intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged.”

None of this surprises Dr. Garrow, who said that what he knows "goes all the way back to 1970."

Dr. Garrow, who said he worked for the government for years, also said he was invited to meet in Hawaii with a group of officers to discuss the situation, but did not attend the meeting.

Among the nine officers mentioned by The Blaze is Army Lt. Gen. David Holmes Huntoon Jr., who was “censored” for “an investigation” into an “improper relationship,” according to the Defense Department.

"Nothing was released to the nature of the improper relationship. Nothing was even mentioned if an actual investigation even took place," Carter said.

Another officer listed is Air Force Major Gen. Michael Carey, who was fired on October 11, 2013, for “personal misbehavior,” ABC News reported.

According to Carter, Pentagon and Air Force senior officials have remained relatively tight-lipped about his firing.

A third officer mentioned is Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Charles M.M. Gurganus, who, Carter said, "questioned having to use Afghan security patrols alongside American patrols after two officers were executed at their desk and a platoon was lead into an ambush on the front lines."

Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Gregg A. Sturdevant, Carter added, "was one of two commanding officers suddenly relieved of command and fired from the military for failure to use proper force protection at the camp after 15 Taliban fighters attacked Camp Bastion on Sept. 14, 2012, resulting in the deaths of Lt. Col. Christopher K. Raible, 40, and Sgt. Bradley W. Atwell, 27."

Perhaps this explains why Obama has recently taken to calling the armed forces "my military."

http://www.examiner.com/article/author-military-purge-meant-to-weed-out-officers-who-won-t-fire-on-americans
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:08:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Nonsense.  Let's give the professional military a bit of credit for knowing that too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Nonsense.  Let's give the professional military a bit of credit for knowing that too.

Ditto, Garrow has been discredited over and over and it is sad the Blaze is going to him. He is a sensationalist who has an extremely made up bio. (nominating yourself for a Nobel Peace Prize isn't exactly a big deal).

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I would be interested in the political affiliations of those dismissed.

Since 2008, 95 officers (figure I've seen bandied about) have been dismissed or pressured to resign for conduct unbecoming. A little on the high side - you'd really only expect two or three high profile cases per year. Not that the brass don't live it up - they pretty much all do it - but that it gets reported and acted on publicly is a bit of a surprise. It's more usual to keep it quiet. Slide them into early retirement and a cushy job with a contractor and keep the dirty laundry decently hidden from view.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I would be interested in the political affiliations of those dismissed.

Since 2008, 95 officers (figure I've seen bandied about) have been dismissed or pressured to resign for conduct unbecoming. A little on the high side - you'd really only expect two or three high profile cases per year. Not that the brass don't live it up - they pretty much all do it - but that it gets reported and acted on publicly is a bit of a surprise. It's more usual to keep it quiet. Slide them into early retirement and a cushy job with a contractor and keep the dirty laundry decently hidden from view.

It should not be a surprise that the military expects high ranking officers to meet high behavior standards, especially when they are in command of troops, or ships at sea.  It is not usual to keep misconduct quiet, especially when it involves a senior officer.  These officers are not slid into early retirement, or a cushy job with a contractor, and the "dirty laundry" is not hidden from view.  You started out saying "Since 2008, 95 officers..." which by itself discounts much of what follows.  If any of your assumptions were true, you wouldn't know anything about those 95 disciplinary actions.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It should not be a surprise that the military expects high ranking officers to meet high behavior standards, especially when they are in command of troops, or ships at sea.  It is not usual to keep misconduct quiet, especially when it involves a senior officer.  These officers are not slid into early retirement, or a cushy job with a contractor, and the "dirty laundry" is not hidden from view.  You started out saying "Since 2008, 95 officers..." which by itself discounts much of what follows.  If any of your assumptions were true, you wouldn't know anything about those 95 disciplinary actions.

That is what has me puzzled. It is being made public. You served - you know full well that details are rarely given in cases like this. Sure, the grapevine knows, but the general public never get to hear about it.

I'm extremely dubious about the premise of the original article - a purge of officers who will uphold their oath - but the change in the amount of detail that comes out is striking.
Maybe it's just there is more information out there now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The thing is, given who we're dealing with, it is totally believable.

Would anyone put it past Obama?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline aligncare

This brings me to thinking about prior arguments we've had regarding Obama – is he evil or merely incompetent? I've always felt he's just over his head, the Peter principle accelerated by politics.

But if this scenario were a realistic possibility, then of course evil is the only descriptor that would fit.

Offline flowers

Offline sinkspur

Same crap the conspiracy loons threw around during the Clinton administration:  the next presidential elections will be canceled, military to be conscripted to put people in detention camps, blah, blah, blah.

And, of course, there's Becks' Blaze right there with the conspiracy loons.  Glen Beck is just a slightly different version of Alex Jones.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ I'm extremely dubious about the premise of the original article - a purge of officers who will uphold their oath - but the change in the amount of detail that comes out is striking.
Maybe it's just there is more information out there now.]]

Ten years ago, it would be easy to dismiss an article like this as nonsense.

But five+ years into the current "administration", knowing what Obama and those around him are trying to "transform the nation" into, can it still be laughed off ??

I guess some folks are still laughing.
But the laughter is dying down...