Author Topic: Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/jesse-jackson-phil-robertson-39-more-offensive-39-161659097--abc-news-celebrities.html

Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver
By Michael Rothman | ABC News Blogs – 4 hours ago

Jesse Jackson has decided to weigh in on the inflammatory comments that Phil Robertson made to GQ about gays and African Americans.

In an interview with Drew Magary, the "Duck Dynasty" star said the Nazis needed Jesus, that he never saw the mistreatment of African Americans while growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era and that homosexuality was a sin.

A&E has already suspended Robertson, but Reverend Jackson, his Rainbow PUSH Coalition and GLAAD are demanding to meet with network execs, along with Cracker Barrel's CEO, to discuss the future of all "Duck Dynasty" memorabilia or content.

"These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago," Jackson said in a statement obtained by ABC News.

"At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson's statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was 'white privilege.'"

The release, dated Dec. 23, requests a meeting within 72 hours with A&E and Cracker Barrel execs and urges the network to uphold Robertson's suspension.

Jackson and GLAAD said they believe it's not right for a personality with such a large platform to benefit from such comments.

On Sunday, Robertson defended his comments about gays and blacks to a small Bible study group in West Monroe, La.

"I will not give or back off from my path," he reportedly said Sunday.

Robertson added that his GQ comments were quotes from the Bible. "I didn't think much of it at all, but it seems a lot of other people did," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 01:12:06 am »
Jesse,

Before you shoot of your mouth about the law, how about spending some quality time explaining it to your son.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 01:13:51 am »
Jesse, about that bloody shirt?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:15:29 am »
Sounds to me like the “reverend” needs to come out of the closet!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 02:22:50 am »

"These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago," Jackson said in a statement obtained by ABC News.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:30:20 am »
STHU you  poverty pimp
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:37:11 am »
Another shakedown in the offing.  Anytime Jackson "demands" to meet with some entity, there's usually a price tag involved.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »
Jesse realized no one had been paying attention to him for the last few years. This was just a little exercise in getting some publicity. Hey, remember me? I used to be somebody! I am somebody!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 01:53:28 pm »
The "revent" J$cks$n calling NYC "hymie" town was much more offensive than anything Phil Robertson said.