Author Topic: My comparisons of Nazi Germany media and the Obama media  (Read 443 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
My comparisons of Nazi Germany media and the Obama media
« on: December 25, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 03:32:25 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: My comparisons of Nazi Germany media and the Obama media
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »
You are just a ray of Merry Sunshine on Christmas Day, aren't you?

:whistle:

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »
You are just a ray of Merry Sunshine on Christmas Day, aren't you?

:whistle:

So was Hitler thought to be.  So was Obama thought to be.  So was Castro thought to be.  The one thing we don't need is a Hitleresque government in America but it appears that is what the people want.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
I recall reading in Victor Klemperer's memoir "I Will Bear Witness" that the German authorities eventually seized typewriters from private individuals, or at least from Jewish individuals like he (Klemperer was a professor of literature). That may be the functional equivalent of our current administration's desire to exercise greater control over the internet. The typewritten newsletter of 1938, which could be passed around a neighborhood or within a group of like-minded people, is a lot like the Facebook page of 2013.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
I recall reading in Victor Klemperer's memoir "I Will Bear Witness" that the German authorities eventually seized typewriters from private individuals, or at least from Jewish individuals like he (Klemperer was a professor of literature). That may be the functional equivalent of our current administration's desire to exercise greater control over the internet. The typewritten newsletter of 1938, which could be passed around a neighborhood or within a group of like-minded people, is a lot like the Facebook page of 2013.

Yes, we have already seen the United Nitwits trying to seize the internet and congress has passed laws giving control to the POTUS under certain situations.  It has started and your analogy is spot on. :patriot:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Online aligncare

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 10:55:06 AM »
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Online aligncare

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
Excellent point, ranger. Stalin was also a master of "disappearing" people and events from history.

SOP for the left, I guess.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »
Excellent point, ranger. Stalin was also a master of "disappearing" people and events from history.

SOP for the left, I guess.

The Clinton's aren't too bad in that area themselves.
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf