Author Topic: Twitter apologizes for blocking users from linking to pro-Phil Robertson website after Duck Dynasty star's gay slurs spark outrage  (Read 753 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2529036/Twitter-apologizes-blocking-users-linking-pro-Phil-Robertson-website-Duck-Dynasty-stars-gay-slurs-spark-outrage.html

Twitter has apologized for blocking users from linking to a website supporting Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson's right to freedom of speech

The social network has issued a formal apology for blocking the site iStandwithPhil.com saying it was flagged as spam, which prohibited Twitter users from linking to the page.

Twitter users are now able to freely link to the site without any problems.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
uh huh...someone at Twitter listened to the Corporate Shark and did a 180 on this so fast they may well have violated the Laws of Relativity....

Offline mountaineer

Saying something negative about someone's behavior is not a slur, but I guess we'd be fighting a losing battle to try to make that distinction.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Saying something negative about someone's behavior is not a slur, but I guess we'd be fighting a losing battle to try to make that distinction.

You are absolutely correct but the left has damaged the English Language so badly people fail to see the significance.  It's like using the terms republic and democracy interchangeably.  When I hear politicians saying our "democracy" it just makes me cringe to think how little they understand the language.

Offline flowers

.  When I hear politicians saying our "democracy" it just makes me cringe to think how little they understand the language.
One of my pet peeves. It irritates the heck out of me when they do that.

Offline Rapunzel

Slurs?  Love these skewed headlines /s
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776