Author Topic: UNREAL: Texas Kids Make Christmas Cards For Veterans, VA Refuses To Take Them Because They Say “Merry Christmas”…  (Read 2924 times)

Offline happyg

Are you f*cking kidding me?

Via Fox DFW:
They thought it was a kind holiday gesture, but dozens of Prosper students didn’t get to deliver the Christmas cards they made for local veterans because of a VA policy against specific religious cards and phrasing.

The cards are still in North Texas, and the writers are disappointed their thank you’s won’t be seen by the people they were intended for.

“I’m hoping that it might make their day because their family might live far away, and they might not have somebody to celebrate Christmas with and I’d like them to know they’ve not been forgotten and somebody wanted to say thank you,” said fourth grader Gracie Brown.

Gracie and her brother, Luke, put a lot of thought and effort into their Christmas cards.

“It includes ‘Merry Christmas,’ and when you open it up, it says ‘Thank you for your service’ and the American flag,” said Luke.

Fifty-two students at Grace Academy in Prosper spent Friday making the cards they planned to hand deliver to bedridden veterans at the VA hospital in Dallas Monday morning.

When Gracie and Luke’s mom, Andrea, found out they wouldn’t be able to, she was outraged.

“This wasn’t the country I grew up in, when you couldn’t say ‘Merry Christmas,’ you couldn’t say ‘God bless you’ or reference any scripture,” she said.

The cards were the idea of Susan Chapman, a math teacher at Grace Academy. She’s married to a veteran and volunteers with the American Legion and other veterans’ organizations.

“It really didn’t occur to me there would be a problem with distributing Christmas cards,” said Chapman.
http://weaselzippers.us/?p=165443

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The pervasive Islamization of the U.S. Armed forced has been going on since Obama became CIC. Just like with general society at large, Obama has nurtured an atmosphere that Islamic radicals are victims. They are victims of White Christians and Western oppression. Nothing could demonstrate this attitude more than calling the shooting at Fort Hood workplace violence.

Look, straight up plain talk, Obama loves Muslims. That is just what it is. I am tired of playing 'make believe'. He has exalted Islam at every opportunity and disparaged Christianity and Israel. What better way to push his mission than by doing it to a captive audience like military personnel.

If Obama had his way, we would be fighting along side Al Queda and the Muslim Brotherhood (like we did in Libya) instead of fighting against them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

Welcome to the Radically Transformed States of America.

Happy Kwanzaa.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline happyg

They want to do away with Christmas, but without it, the country would go tank even faster, not to mention the Biblical beliefs.

Offline xfreeper

Happy Kwanzaa.

That's racist and I'm offended. Shouldn't be allowed on the internets

Online mountaineer

Actions like this are on a par with sticking fingers in one's ears and saying, "La la la, I can't hear you." 
The administration seems to believe if it prohibits people from saying "Merry Christmas," it has eliminated the religion behind the holiday, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

It seems they are winning. Where is the huge outrage?

Online andy58-in-nh

Happy Kwanzaa.

That's racist and I'm offended. Shouldn't be allowed on the internets

I apologize. What I meant to say was: "Merry Mother******g Kwanzaa, fo' shizzle".

No offense. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
I apologize. What I meant to say was: "Merry Mother******g Kwanzaa, fo' shizzle".

No offense.

Point for you, sir!  More often than I'm able to do so, I'd love to take down the filter that prevents my real thoughts from escaping.  This is *exactly* what I'd say when the filter is turned off.  The Force is strong with you.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

Next thing you know, kids won't be able to put an American flag on the get well cards they send to soldiers.  I'm only half joking, actually.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Online andy58-in-nh

Point for you, sir!  More often than I'm able to do so, I'd love to take down the filter that prevents my real thoughts from escaping.  This is *exactly* what I'd say when the filter is turned off.  The Force is strong with you.

When you get to be around my age, one's filtration system begins to develop some leaks. And then you begin to like it that way.  :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I am confused (as always).

The kids took the time and effort to make the cards and planned to hand deliver them. What is stopping them doing so?

I assume, from context, that they were intended for patients in a hospital. Is blatant censorship such a common occurance?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

When you get to be around my age, one's filtration system begins to develop some leaks.
I don't know why I saw "flirtation," not filtration.   :silly:

Online andy58-in-nh

I don't know why I saw "flirtation," not filtration.   :silly:

My flirtation system is thankfully intact. Though my wife might not agree.  :whistle:

Online mountaineer

I am confused (as always).

The kids took the time and effort to make the cards and planned to hand deliver them. What is stopping them doing so?

I assume, from context, that they were intended for patients in a hospital. Is blatant censorship such a common occurance?
Yes, they wanted to cheer up veterans in the VA hospital:
Fifty-two students at Grace Academy in Prosper spent Friday making the cards they planned to hand deliver to bedridden veterans at the VA hospital in Dallas Monday morning.
However, the Obama Adminstration had other ideas:
... She didn't find out about the VA's holiday card policy until she called Monday morning to arrange details for the cards' delivery.

"I told him my students made cards, we'd like to bring them down for the veterans," said Chapman. "And he said, 'That's great. We're thrilled to have them, except the only thing is, we can't accept anything that says ‘Merry Christmas' or ‘God bless you' or any scriptural references because of all the red tape.'"

An official with the VA later clarified the policy, which is in the Veterans Health Administration handbook, by stating the following:

"In order to be respectful of our Veterans religious beliefs, all donated holiday cards are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team of staff led by Chaplaincy services and determined if they are appropriate (non-religious) to freely distribute to patients.  After the review is complete, the holiday cards that reference religious and/or secular tones are then distributed by Chaplaincy Service on a one-on-one basis if the patient agrees to the religious reference in the holiday card donation.  The holiday cards that do not contain religious and/or secular tones are distributed freely to patients across the Health Care System.  We regret this process was not fully explained to this group and apologize for any misunderstanding."
KDFW, Dallas

Offline Cincinnatus

Seriously?

"In order to be respectful of our Veterans religious beliefs, all donated holiday cards are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team of staff led by Chaplaincy services and determined if they are appropriate (non-religious) to freely distribute to patients.  After the review is complete, the holiday cards that reference religious and/or secular tones are then distributed by Chaplaincy Service on a one-on-one basis if the patient agrees to the religious reference in the holiday card donation.  The holiday cards that do not contain religious and/or secular tones are distributed freely to patients across the Health Care System.  We regret this process was not fully explained to this group and apologize for any misunderstanding."

And I regret you buttheads are such buttheads. Merry Christmas, you jerks.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just dropped Grace Academy a line. Figured why not. Teaching kids the important things in life should always be encouraged.

Offline xfreeper

Next thing you know, kids won't be able to put an American flag on the get well cards they send to soldiers.  I'm only half joking, actually.

Oh yes that would offend me also. I also find the word exceptionalism highly offensive also....and racist

Offline xfreeper

When you get to be around my age, one's filtration system begins to develop some leaks. And then you begin to like it that way.  :beer:

I find the same thing happening to me but I think my enjoyment is dampened a little by my wife keeping a tighter leash on me to avoid too many scenes. Oh well, off to more mischief......

Offline collins

What the hell has happened to the US miliatry under Obama? Hate to say it, but it's degenerated to the point now where I think these kids were casting pearls before swine - next time, save it for some group that appreciates it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We don't need to beat around the bush here. This is not about diversity. This is not about sensitivity. This, as with so many other things, is about the supremacy of Islam over all other religions. It is always about Islam's dominance over Christians and American/Western culture. This is coming directly from Hussien and his Muslim brothers.

Would these same so called Chaplains have stopped a single 'Allah Akbar' card being delivered on Ramadan? Let's not pretend, we know they would not have done a single thing. They would do nothing about Islam and may have actually delivered the cards by hand themselves for a photo op.

With the Left and the 'politically correct', it is not about "religion" being bad, it is specifically about Christianity being bad, and only Christianity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I am in a friendly but disputatious mood.  :laugh:

What is wrong with saying Allah Akbar? Is it somehow less acceptable than saying God is our Lord or elshadai ghadohl? They all mean exactly the same thing. Bound to happen - all our beliefs are from the same core book. So the Catholics remixed it, the Protestants changed the instruments and the Muslims did an extended dance mix. The tune is still the same, regardless.

Dang, hit post too soon.

You are not looking at what Muslims want here. You are looking at white liberal guilt. I am encouraged they can feel guilt - just wish they'd atone themselves, rather than forcing the rest of us to do so.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:26:17 pm by EC »

Online mountaineer

What is wrong with saying Allah Akbar? Is it somehow less acceptable than saying God is our Lord or elshadai ghadohl? They all mean exactly the same thing.
"Allah" is not the same as the God of the Bible.

Offline Rapunzel

He certainly is not... and Christians don't shout Praise God" when they kill someone not of their faith. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Is God the same as YWH? There is a disconnect between the Old and New Testaments on that. The Old Testament God is, to be honest, a bit of a vindictive dick.