Author Topic: Sticker shock at the OTHER end of Obamacare coming  (Read 319 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Sticker shock at the OTHER end of Obamacare coming
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:43:17 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Sticker shock at the OTHER end of Obamacare coming
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
Some who had private insurance policies that were canceled may find that keeping the same deductibles may mean higher premiums.

Yup.  While there has been some understated ballyhoo in the media about Obamacare actually reducing premiums in NY, that is a lie that disguises the fact that lower premiums only come with much, much higher deductibles.  Our sole proprietor policy was cancelled, courtesy of Obamacare, and in order to purchase an Obama-approved policy with the same deductible (and with, more or less, the same network of available providers) we would have had to pay a premium that was 50% higher than the premium for the policy that was cancelled.  So, of course, we were forced to purchase an Obama-approved policy with a substantial deductible, and with absolutely no guarantee that we will have access to any substantial number of the doctors we had access to under the policy Obama cancelled for us.  I asked one of my doctors - the one I have to see every month - if he would be accepting new Obamacare policies and he said he had no idea because he didn't know if the companies he had contracts with would be accepting them.  In other words, even if we burn through the deductible - which is not likely - I may still have to go out of pocket with him every month because his services might not even be covered at all.

Online Fishrrman

Re: Sticker shock at the OTHER end of Obamacare coming
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:14:44 PM by Fishrrman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf