Author Topic: Tony Romo out for rest of season  (Read 513 times)

Offline flowers

Tony Romo out for rest of season
« on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:00 pm »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10187713/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-miss-rest-season

A source told ESPN.com's Todd Archer that it's too early to tell if the injury will require surgery.

The Cowboys (8-7) host the Philadelphia Eagles (9-6) on Sunday night, with the winner capturing the NFC East title. Kyle Orton likely will get the start at quarterback for Dallas.

Orton has 69 career starts and is 35-34. He hasn't started since the 2011 regular-season finale with Kansas City.

Romo said Sunday he would undergo an MRI on his back Monday but didn't believe the injury would jeopardize his availability for the Philadelphia game.

Romo said his back, which was sore going into Sunday's comeback victory over the Washington Redskins, began to bother him after a hit in the first half.

"That triggered it a little bit," Romo said Sunday. "Whatever the kid did on that one play, it really sent something that didn't feel comfortable. But it's in a completely different spot than the back stuff I had last year, so that's a good sign."

Online mountaineer

Re: Tony Romo out for rest of season
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »
ESPN reported a herniated disk. Orton may as well play. Much as I hate to say it, the Iggles probably will beat them no matter what, Romo or not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Tony Romo out for rest of season
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »
Sadly, I must agree on all counts.  Jerry Jones- TEAR DOWN THIS TEAM and let go of it!  Your presence has been a curse for nearly 20 years.