Author Topic: Phil Robertson Even I've Committed Sexual Sin!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Phil Robertson Even I've Committed Sexual Sin!
« on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/23/phil-robertson-bible-study-class-duck-dynasty-sin-sex/

Phil Robertson
Even I've Committed Sexual Sin!
12/23/2013 6:18 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil Robertson says he is not without sexual sin, but has put it in check by getting hitched.

Phil got up in front of his bible study group Sunday and said, "Sexual sins are numerous and many.  I have a few myself."  But his solution was plain ... "If you're a man, find yourself a woman, marry them and keep your sex right there."

Phil -- who sees the world in black and white -- is defiant about the torrent of criticism -- "I will not give or back off my path,"  adding, "All I did was quote from the scriptures."

Phil gave the Daily Mail access to the study group, and they heard an earful.  He said, "Common sense says we are not going to procreate the human race unless we have a man and a woman."

And the strident "Duck Dynasty" star goes on, "If you're a homosexual, He'll take it away.  If you're an adulterer, if you're a liar, what's the difference?  If you break one sin you may as well break them all ... if we lose our morality, we will lose our country.  It will happen."

And in a not-so-subtle way ... Phil calls out A&E, which acted shocked by his comments:  "This week I have been asked, 'Is this the first time you have brought up sin? ... Are you kidding?  I have been traveling to and fro spreading this message ... I have made hundreds of speeches ..."

And finally, there's this ... Phil railed on people who claim he's an idiot, conceding, "We are a bunch of rednecks from Louisiana, but I am not uneducated.  I have a degree from Louisiana Tech."

Check out the video below with Phil's son, Alan, cracking jokes at Sunday's church service about the controversy.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/23/phil-robertson-bible-study-class-duck-dynasty-sin-sex/

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Phil Robertson Even I've Committed Sexual Sin!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »

I have a degree from Louisiana Tech."

For the oldsters among us, he also played football and started at quarterback ahead of...  Terry Bradshaw.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Re: Phil Robertson Even I've Committed Sexual Sin!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »
For the oldsters among us, he also played football and started at quarterback ahead of...  Terry Bradshaw.
'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson once a college quarterback

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280912/article/duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-once-a-college-quarterback
Long before Phil Robertson became a multi-millionaire and reality TV star on "Duck Dynasty," he was a two-year starting quarterback (1966-67) at Louisiana Tech.

His first collegiate action for the Bulldogs came in the 1965 season opener at Rice, as a backup to Billy Laird; to commemorate the event -- and to publicize Rice's home game against Tech on Saturday -- the Rice athletic department dug through its archives and found video of Robertson from that game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:09:44 pm by flowers »