Author Topic: Huckabee says he's interested in 2016 White House bid, will decide after midterms  (Read 698 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/22/huckabee-says-interested-in-2016-white-house-bid-will-decide-after-midterms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Huckabee says he's interested in 2016 White House bid, will decide after midterms
Published December 22, 2013
FoxNews.com

Former GOP presidential candidate and populist Mike Huckabee said Sunday that he’s interested in a 2016 White House bid, amid an emerging political interest in the issue of income equality.

Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor, told “Fox News Sunday” that he’s interested in running again, after suggesting such in at least two interviews in recent weeks.

“It would be, frankly, dishonest to say no,” said Huckabee, a Fox News commentator, who plans to make a final decision after the 2014 elections.

Huckabee suggested that Americans tend to show less regard for a single, working mother than a member of the ruling class. He also defended his recent statement that Washington and Wall Street is the “axis of evil,” suggesting the connection between power and money doesn’t regard the needs of middle-class Americans.

Americans have indeed embraced populist Democratic candidates over the past several months, including New York Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio, whose campaign focusing on perceived income inequality resonated with New York residents.

However, Huckabee made clear, “I don’t want big government to determine what income equality looks like.”

Huckabee decided in 2011 not to enter the most recent presidential election campaign, saying: “All of the factors say go, but my heart says no.”

On Sunday, he said his final decision would still come from the heart and that Republicans already have “a strong stable of candidates” for 2016.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Please NO!

Oceander

Please, please, please stay out!  :0001:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
No more damn retreads.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
No more damn retreads.
Nixon, Reagan were "retreads" as you call them.

Taking that further, the way that America got its only conservative President in the last 80 years, was by getting a retread.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm far from ready to hitch my wagon to anyone's star in the 2016 primary just yet so I'm asking for someone to explain to me just exactly what's wrong with Mike Huckabee taking another shot if he is so inclined.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm far from ready to hitch my wagon to anyone's star in the 2016 primary just yet so I'm asking for someone to explain to me just exactly what's wrong with Mike Huckabee taking another shot if he is so inclined.

Milk toast nanny state advocate. 

He is like a glass of 1% milk when you need strong coffee.

..or to put it another way, he is the Right's Pajamaboy.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:37:30 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Milk toast nanny state advocate. 

He is like a glass of 1% milk when you need strong coffee.

..or to put it another way, he is the Right's Pajamaboy.

OK! Thanks! That's one opinion.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

OK! Thanks! That's one opinion.

I'm with AB on this.  I studied his record in Arksnsas and he's exactly who AN says he is.. a Conservative in sheep's clothing, he was a big spender in AR.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776