« on: December 22, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »

Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »
The aim is to force people into homes.

Not for their health. Not for support.

The pesky older generation tend to vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you are in a home, your vote is helpfully delivered to you by the staff and dropped off by them again. Nice way of nullifying votes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
The aim is to force people into homes.

Not for their health. Not for support.

The pesky older generation tend to vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you are in a home, your vote is helpfully delivered to you by the staff and dropped off by them again. Nice way of nullifying votes.

Or just as a way of limiting costs in order to maintain the charade that "affordable" care is being provided to all.

Then again, if one lets the Devil pay the piper, then the Devil gets to call the tune.  Many of those same seniors belong to the cohort of voters who originally helped to foist this nonsense on all of us, so there's a certain vicious justice in their suffering from the sword they forged.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »

Not sure about that..this is only anecdotal evidence of my Mother's assisted living facility...in 2008 most there bought hook line and sinker BO's claim that the mean old Repub's were gonna take away their SSI and Medicare....my mom almost bought it to..then in 2012 some wised up but not all, once again my mom was a doubter and I had to convince her that Obama was lying again.....The Dems play on seniors fears and the seniors buy into time and again...

Support the USO

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Not sure about that..this is only anecdotal evidence of my Mother's assisted living facility...in 2008 most there bought hook line and sinker BO's claim that the mean old Repub's were gonna take away their SSI and Medicare....my mom almost bought it to..then in 2012 some wised up but not all, once again my mom was a doubter and I had to convince her that Obama was lying again.....The Dems play on seniors fears and the seniors buy into time and again...

I'm not just talking about since 2008.  The roots of Medicare - and the other welfare entitlements - go way, way back.  There were plenty of opportunities to stop this unfolding train wreck before it even hit the first piece of damaged track, but the voters who could have done it back then chose not to, despite the fact that they were warned at least several decades ago that the train would wreck if they didn't stop it.  Well, they didn't.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »
Or just as a way of limiting costs in order to maintain the charade that "affordable" care is being provided to all.

Then again, if one lets the Devil pay the piper, then the Devil gets to call the tune.  Many of those same seniors belong to the cohort of voters who originally helped to foist this nonsense on all of us, so there's a certain vicious justice in their suffering from the sword they forged.

It's significantly more expensive to put a person into  skilled nursing facility vs having a nurse go to the home and change dressings, etc..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:51:24 PM by Rapunzel »

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

It's significantly more expensive to put a person into  skilled nursing facility vs having a nurse go to the home and change dressings, etc..

Not if they die along the way.  Just look at what happens to the elderly under the "TLC" of the UK's NICE.  When your doctor has to prescribe drinks of water to make sure you don't die of dehydration in hospital, there's something seriously wrong.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf