Author Topic: Is Kwanza fading away?  (Read 1188 times)

rangerrebew

Is Kwanza fading away?
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:24 am »

Is Kwanzaa Fading Away?

by Whoopie • 21 December, 2013 • Communism, Culture • 1 Comment

Tweet0 Share0 Reddit0 0 0 Email0 Share8

Kwanzaa what is itMagic 8 Ball says: “Very likely.”

First a bit of history. Kwanzaa was concocted in 1966 by a black supremacist communist named Maulana Karenga (aka: Robert McKinley Everett) as an alternative to the white European holiday of Christmas.

Kwanzaa, the Swahili word for “harvest” is as phony as it’s creator’s adopted name. No such celebration ever existed in Africa, in fact, during the time of the so-called ‘African harvest festival’ here in America it’s the middle of the growing season in Africa. Apparently geography wasn’t one of Karenga’s strong suits.

In 2006 Karenga maintained that his invented holiday is celebrated worldwide by 28 million people. However, a 2004 poll found that only about 4.7 million blacks planned to observe the holiday here in the US and only 12 million worldwide. In 2011 that number dropped to 2 million and this year it’s estimated that only 250,000 will be taking part.

It’s interesting to note that the Obama family who, despite their claims of being Christian, don’t celebrate Christmas and despite their political leanings, they don’t celebrate Kwanzaa either. In fact the only holiday that the Obama’s routinely pay respects to is Ramadan by throwing a yearly White House dinner to mark the end of the Muslim month of fasting. Draw your own conclusions.

I have some theories why Kwanzaa never caught on with mainstream blacks here in the US. To start with many older blacks are decidedly Christian. Secondly, Christmas is fun, the lights, the festivities, the gifts. Thirdly, for those younger secular blacks so enured to the hip-hop culture, the idea of sitting around contemplating hard work and personal responsibility leaves much to be desired, especially when they have video games like ‘Grand Theft Auto’ sitting under the tree.

The bottom line is that there is nothing contrived by Communists that ever stands the test of time. Largely this is because everything about Communism violates human nature and commonsense.

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/is-kwanzaa-fading-away/#VOQXWcDmIjClyRrA.99

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Is Kwanza fading away?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »
I remember as a middle school kid singing in chorus one year, our winter concert had a Kwanzaa song in it. We did not have a single black kid in our entire district yet the teacher insisted on it for diversity reasons and out of  fear of being sued. It was patently ridiculous seeing me and a bunch of white kids (along with a few natives) singing about it.

Anyway, Kwanzaa is blasé. Festivus is the new artificial holiday of choice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 01:49:35 pm »
Kwanzaa initially took hold and grew not because it was embraced by a minority of radical blacks but because it was promoted by the larger white liberal community who were deeply afflicted by white guilt, as seen especially on those inane morning talk shows.

After all, it was the late 60s and whites were too often guilt ridden and too sensitive to the feelings of "those poor black people" to openly laugh at the idea that American blacks, who were for generations overwhelmingly Christian, somehow needed their own "African harvest festival" to celebrate instead of the "white" holiday honoring Christ. They took a religious holiday and politicized it.

The silly idea should never have gotten off the ground and is simply another form of segregation. That's the problem with political correctness and affirmative action. It singles out certain groups for special attention regardless of the merits. And today we have an unqualified affirmative action Pres. sitting in the White House. Enough said.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »
I thought it was interesting the POTUS doesn't celebrate Christmas or Kwanza at the WH, only the end of Ramadan.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:14:03 pm »
I have never known a black person that celebrated this stupid scam. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »
More White Liberal Jews celebrate 'Kwanza' than Black people do. They hate Christmas and Hanukka, but they 'love' Kwanza. go figure. These people hate everything that is right and decent. They worship chaos and perversion. That is just who they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »
Kwanzaa initially took hold and grew not because it was embraced by a minority of radical blacks but because it was promoted by the larger white liberal community who were deeply afflicted by white guilt, as seen especially on those inane morning talk shows.

After all, it was the late 60s and whites were too often guilt ridden and too sensitive to the feelings of "those poor black people" to openly laugh at the idea that American blacks, who were for generations overwhelmingly Christian, somehow needed their own "African harvest festival" to celebrate instead of the "white" holiday honoring Christ. They took a religious holiday and politicized it.

The silly idea should never have gotten off the ground and is simply another form of segregation. That's the problem with political correctness and affirmative action. It singles out certain groups for special attention regardless of the merits. And today we have an unqualified affirmative action Pres. sitting in the White House. Enough said.

Did you ever see one of those "alternative history books/bibles" which casts all people as blacks?  Noah, Abraham, Jesus, John the Baptist (although that one makes the most sense.  Well that, Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh Day Adventist's) all as black.  It's no wonder those people are f*cked in the head.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 10:13:26 pm »
I remember as a middle school kid singing in chorus one year, our winter concert had a Kwanzaa song in it. We did not have a single black kid in our entire district yet the teacher insisted on it for diversity reasons and out of  fear of being sued. It was patently ridiculous seeing me and a bunch of white kids (along with a few natives) singing about it.

Anyway, Kwanzaa is blasé. Festivus is the new artificial holiday of choice.

I like Festivus....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline collins

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:13 am »
I have never known a black person that celebrated this stupid scam.

Me either, but plenty white elementary schoolteachers in Maryland celebrate this fake holiday.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:38:18 am »
God fearing Black Christians in the south celebrate Christmas. You should drive through their neighborhoods. Decorated to the hilt!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline rustynail

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:06 am »
Fading? Is that one of those 'dog whistle' words?'

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 11:33:07 am »
God fearing Black Christians in the south celebrate Christmas. You should drive through their neighborhoods. Decorated to the hilt!

Same thing with Hispanics in South Texas (and probably most everywhere else).   Poor neighborhoods, but by golly, they get out the Christmas lights and decorate to the hilt!