Author Topic: Cracker Barrel Bails on Phil's Products  (Read 987 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Cracker Barrel Bails on Phil's Products
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:13:34 pm »
Cracker Barrel has become the first sponsor to cut bait with "Duck Dynasty" ... but not entirely.

The Southern-themed food chain reacted to Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments by removing "selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests" from their stores and restaurants.

We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging.  Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

C.B. offers this explanation ... "We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture."

As for most of the remaining products ... we're told you can find them in the sale bin.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/

Damn them. I don't have a Cracker Barrel in my area but a few years ago I had to drive a car from Washington, DC, back to Texas and discovered them along the road. Actually looked for them as I drove through the southern states so I could have breakfast there. If they are going to be such weasels about Phil they have lost whatever business I might engage in.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:14:32 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

Re: Cracker Barrel Bails on Phil's Products
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
It seems they are keeping the Duck Commander products which is owned by Roberts and not selling the Duck Dynasty which is owned by A&E

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:22:45 pm »
It seems they are keeping the Duck Commander products which is owned by Roberts and not selling the Duck Dynasty which is owned by A&E
In which case they're actually on the same side as the "stand-with-Phil" boycotters. *snicker*
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:27:39 pm »
In which case they're actually on the same side as the "stand-with-Phil" boycotters. *snicker*

That's how I read it too..

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:34:40 pm »
Some posts on twitter saying they have never seen Duck Commander products in Cracker Barrel.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:40:01 pm »

And?

Even if true what has been pulled is the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging because we were concerned [they] might offend some of our guests.. What difference does it make if it's A&E or Duck Commander products?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

And?

Even if true what has been pulled is the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging because we were concerned [they] might offend some of our guests.. What difference does it make if it's A&E or Duck Commander products?
If they pulled the products that had Phil's face on it then that isn't good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 07:49:43 am »
Some posts on twitter saying they have never seen Duck Commander products in Cracker Barrel.

I've seen them. Just a few weeks ago in Waco, they were front and center. (albeit, I don't know if it was Duck Commander or DD).