Author Topic: Phil Robertson Returning to Duck Dynasty Episodes on January 15th (A&E Caves?)  (Read 807 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A&E’s “suspension” of Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson will apparently not affect new episodes of the show scheduled to start airing after the holidays on January 15th. Entertainment Weekly is citing sources “close to the situation” who say that when the show returns from hiatus, footage featuring Robertson, who caused a major uproar with his condemnation of homosexual sex in GQ magazine, will remain intact...

... Assuming there is an ultimately reconciliation between the network and the Robertson family, this could mean an uninterrupted viewing experience for fans of the show....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/phil-robertson-returning-to-duck-dynasty-episodes-on-january-15th/

Reversing course, damage control, or all of this was part of a script. You decide.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Reversing course, damage control, or all of this was part of a script. You decide.

Already filmed and edited. You ain't watching live cam. Probably shot a year ago.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Sounds like a wag-the-dog event.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Already filmed and edited. You ain't watching live cam. Probably shot a year ago.

Yes and Phil never was not going to appear in those episodes already in the can which includes ALL of the current season.

It remains to be seen whether or not there will be another season and if so whether or not it will be on A&E.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien