Author Topic: Duck Dynasty: One of the Few Shows Obama Daughters Allowed to Watch  (Read 863 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/21/Duck-Dynasty-One-Of-The-Few-Shows-Obama-Daughters-Allowed-To-Watch

Duck Dynasty: One of the Few Shows Obama Daughters Allowed to Watch

by AWR Hawkins 21 Dec 2013, 9:39 AM PDT

President Obama allows his daughters only a limited amount of television viewing, and Duck Dynasty is one of the shows they are allowed to watch.

According to the Business Insider, the Obamas limit their daughters' cell phone usage to weekends, limit computer usage to what is necessary for homework, and restrict television viewing. They are very attentive to what their daughters are exposed to and who they are exposed to, as well.

So it says something about Duck Dynasty that it is a show the Obamas are comfortable with.

CBN's Beltway Buzz blog says the president is big fan and that he personally told Willie and Korie Robertson that, "He loves the show and watches it on Air Force One."

Korie said: "I know the Obama's are very particular about what they let their girls watch on TV so if our show is one they find acceptable, that's really great."

Willie is the son of Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. On December 18th A&E "indefinitely" suspended Phil from the show for answering a GQ reporter's questions about his faith honestly. Outraged progressives have painted Robertson as a bigot.

In an interview conducted before the firestorm over Robertson, Obama told People magazine he would rather spend a day with the Duck Dynasty cast than with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Re: Duck Dynasty: One of the Few Shows Obama Daughters Allowed to Watch
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »
Interesting. I really doubt he would let them watch DD.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »
That whole article smells like a PR ploy.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:28:00 pm »
I don't believe a word of the article. I have seen pictures of the kids texting friends when they are at public events. I bet the girls carry more weight in that household than their dad does.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:29:59 pm »
I don't believe a word of the article. I have seen pictures of the kids texting friends when they are at public events. I bet the girls carry more weight in that household than their dad does.

The statement was probably made back when they had record ratings before any controversy. He was jumping on the bandwagon of the day.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »
He was jumping on the bandwagon of the day.
That is what I think as well

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 02:22:21 am »
[[ That whole article smells like a PR ploy. ]]

Same as Obama firing the shotgun at Camp David...