Author Topic: Cracker Barrel Announces Removal of Some Duck Dynasty Merchandise  (Read 808 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/12/20/Cracker-Barrel-Announces-Removal-of-Some-Duck-Dynasty-Merchandise

by Breitbart News 21 Dec 2013, 5:32 AM PDT

Restaurant chain Cracker Barrel posted Friday night on its Facebook page that it would no longer carry some Duck Dynasty merchandise after Phil Robertson, of the "Duck Commander" company and family, was suspended from the show.

The statement reads:

Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.

We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation.

We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so. [emphasis added]

Cable network A&E suspended Robertson Friday over comments made during a GQ interview which progressives have perceived as anti-gay. After Robertson's suspension, A&E and the pro-gay media watchdog GLAAD have faced an overwhelming backlash from the public, and the show's future is in doubt.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Cracker Barrel Announces Removal of Some Duck Dynasty Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 04:52:35 pm »
Based on my last experience with Cracker Barrel, focusing on what products it sells in its stores is misplaced.

The food in that place is awful!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:06 pm »
Based on my last experience with Cracker Barrel, focusing on what products it sells in its stores is misplaced.

The food in that place is awful!!!

Seconding you on the food. 7/11 hotdogs are better tasting. Taco Bell is marginally better.

But (you knew I was going to put in a but) ....

They are removing some Duck Dynasty merchandise (property of A&E). Duck Commander (property Robertson family) is still being carried. So - what message are they actually sending?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 05:48:14 pm »
We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation.

So they are selling it but they aren't?  If they continue to offer Duck Commander products but are pulling others, maybe we are reading it wrong?  Could they be pulling A&E (Hearst)'s merchandise but keeping Duck Commander which is supposedly owned by the Robertsons?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »

They are removing some Duck Dynasty merchandise (property of A&E). Duck Commander (property Robertson family) is still being carried. So - what message are they actually sending?

That's exactly what I read into it as well. I think people are improperly angry at them. They are pulling the A&E stuff.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:18:54 pm »
Based on the statement, they pulled it because of what Phil said.  Another place that will not get my business again.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton