Author Topic: Utter Chaos: White House Exempts Millions From Obamacare's Insurance Mandate, 'Unaffordable' Exchanges  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/12/20/utter-chaos-white-house-exempts-millions-from-obamacares-insurance-mandate-unaffordable-exchanges/

12/20/2013 @ 6:20AM

Utter Chaos: White House Exempts Millions From Obamacare's Insurance Mandate, 'Unaffordable' Exchanges
Avik Roy

It’s hard to come up with new ways to describe the Obama administration’s improvisational approach to the Affordable Care Act’s troubled health insurance exchanges. But last night, the White House made its most consequential announcement yet. The administration will grant a “hardship exemption” from the law’s individual mandate, requiring the purchase of health insurance, to anyone who has had their prior coverage canceled and who “believes” that Obamacare’s offerings “are unaffordable.” These exemptions will substantially alter the architecture of the law’s insurance marketplaces. Insurers are at their wits’ end, trying to make sense of what to do next.

continued...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:08:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

It's not an 'improvisational' approach, it's unconstitutional.

Not that Congress or the Supreme Court cares any more...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yes indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What is so ironic is that the Insurance industry has played along with Obama's fascism, not understanding that, or more probably simply not believing, that the fascists all along were simply attempting to destroy them and needed the industry to play along for awhile in their own destruction.  The method is the same as was used by fascist Hitler Germany with the Jewish population...and it worked there too.

The insurance industry has a hand in their own destruction by playing along with fascists...out of greed or out of fear or out of disbelief.  They will be used by the fascists then destroyed and discarded once power has been truly consolidated.  They need to wake up and practice civil disobedience against Obamacare...refuse to participate now...if it isn't already too late for them.

I wonder who is next for the fascists after the insurance industry...someone is always next with these people.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What is so ironic is that the Insurance industry has played along with Obama's fascism, not understanding that, or more probably simply not believing, that the fascists all along were simply attempting to destroy them and needed the industry to play along for awhile in their own destruction.  The method is the same as was used by fascist Hitler Germany with the Jewish population...and it worked there too.

The insurance industry has a hand in their own destruction by playing along with fascists...out of greed or out of fear or out of disbelief.  They will be used by the fascists then destroyed and discarded once power has been truly consolidated.  They need to wake up and practice civil disobedience against Obamacare...refuse to participate now...if it isn't already too late for them.

I wonder who is next for the fascists after the insurance industry...someone is always next with these people.

Jumping into a pit of vipers expecting not to get bitten is just plain STUPID yet here we have it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Don't worry, Harry Reid and Nazi Pelosi will combine forces to correct this mess for the sake of America. :doa:

Offline mountaineer

Watching the executive branch singlehandedly repeal, revise, amend and otherwise ignore laws as they were enacted - while Congress does nothing - is just a smidge disturbing. Today healthcare, tomorrow ... (fill in the blank).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

Watching the executive branch singlehandedly repeal, revise, amend and otherwise ignore laws as they were enacted - while Congress does nothing - is just a smidge disturbing. Today healthcare, tomorrow ... (fill in the blank).

Yep and look at the so-called faux Republicans who swore in 2008 this could NEVER happen.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

So long as a sufficient number of high-level insurance company executives legitimately believe that they'll find themselves high-paying positions in the government, they could care less whether the government destroys their companies. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It is truly unfortunate but the fact is that the good old USA has now been degraded to banana republic status!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

another clause in the OCare bill - money to bail out insurance companies - so another GM, TARP, etc....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

This seems appropriate:
HATFIELD, Mass. — Massachusetts state police say they've stopped a car carrying 1,250 packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain" and arrested the four people inside it.

Police say a trooper was making a traffic stop in Northampton when another car passed and he noticed several violations. He stopped the car a short time later in nearby Hatfield and found the driver wasn't licensed to drive it. A state police dog found the bags of heroin.

The four arrested people have been charged with heroin trafficking.

State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the "Obamacare" stamp is one he hadn't heard of.
Boston Herald
 :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org