Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Duck Dynasty's multi-million payday: Their $400m empire flourishes amid scandal as fans flock to support Phil Robertson - and Walmart sells out of show merchandise  (Read 875 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527204/Duck-Dynastys-multi-million-payday-Their-400m-empire-flourishes-amid-scandal-fans-flock-support-Phil-Robertson-Walmart-sells-merchandise.html

EXCLUSIVE: Duck Dynasty's multi-million payday: Their $400m empire flourishes amid scandal as fans flock to support Phil Robertson - and Walmart sells out of show merchandise

MailOnline can reveal a show publicist did accompany Phil Robertson to interview - but was NOT there when made his damning homophobic comments to GQ magazine
    Robertson family are sticking by patriach Phil - and are refusing to film TV hit without him

By Sara Nathan and Will Payne

PUBLISHED: 16:29 EST, 20 December 2013 | UPDATED: 16:38 EST, 20 December 2013

As the future of their show lies in doubt, the Duck Dynasty clan are still making millions thanks to their megabucks Walmart merchandising deal, MailOnline can today reveal.

The Robertson family has a merchandise empire that is estimated by Forbes to be worth about $400million - and their deal with Walmart makes up around half of this.

And today, as Walmart refused to comment on the future of their relationship with the TV family, just one glimpse at the chainstore's website shows fans are flocking to buy Duck Dynasty merchandise amid the furor over patriach Phil Robertson's homophobic comments.

Meanwhile, MailOnline can reveal a publicist from A&E DID accompany Phil to his interview with GQ magazine -but was NOT there when he made his incendiary comments.

continued....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

One of their advertisers was on Fox a few minutes ago and said he goes where the DD show goes........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I saw it first hand at Sams today. People were snatching up DD stuff like crazy. Even the Duck Commander wine (I didn't know there was such a thing until today). One big display of t-shirts and other stuff was picked clean except one or two things and I'm sure by the time I a writing this, it would be gone.

Offline Rapunzel

I saw it first hand at Sams today. People were snatching up DD stuff like crazy. Even the Duck Commander wine (I didn't know there was such a thing until today). One big display of t-shirts and other stuff was picked clean except one or two things and I'm sure by the time I a writing this, it would be gone.

Rimi Spencer on FOX right now spewing A&E has the right to fire someone who affects their bottom line - ummmmmmmmm the ADVERTISERS are not leaving A&E DD Program........ 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

@EWErickson 4m

Local sheriff in Georgia has announced he won’t help A&E with its Georgia based shows anymore.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Rimi Spencer on FOX right now spewing A&E has the right to fire someone who affects their bottom line - ummmmmmmmm the ADVERTISERS are not leaving A&E DD Program........

Technically A&E does but they also have the right to suffer when they miscalculate the impact because they used pajama boys' reaction to predict the bottom (no pun intended... oh hell, yea a pun was intended) line.

Offline Rapunzel

Technically A&E does but they also have the right to suffer when they miscalculate the impact because they used pajama boys' reaction to predict the bottom (no pun intended... oh hell, yea a pun was intended) line.

I like what Tucker Carlson said a couple of minutes ago (he's filling in for Hannity)........ do we really want to live in a neutered society?