Author Topic: Babette Maxwell: Budget Deal's Military Cuts 'Not Will of People'  (Read 470 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: her comments on McCain. I felt the same way when he announced he was supporting the budget deal. I believe he once claimed, and not that long ago, when it came to veterans he had their six.

Babette Maxwell, founder of Military Spouse magazine, has called out Sen. John McCain of Arizona, a disabled Vietnam veteran, for voting on the budget deal, which slashes pensions for military personnel.

"Shockingly, a disabled veteran took money away from disabled veterans. He's one of us," Maxwell told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

It's a mass breach of promise from our congressmen who gave us their word that they would grandfather in our benefits for our active-duty retirees and the past retirees," Maxwell said.

The Senate passed the bipartisan budget Wednesday.

Maxwell said the cuts affect not only disabled veterans but also benefits for spouses.

"So, not only have they targeted our disabled, they've targeted our deceased," she said.

"As to why [lawmakers] feel like this is the will of the people, I have no idea. It most certainly is not the will of the people."

"I can't imagine a nation that would support taking away earned benefits from those who have given of their life and of their limb."

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/Babette-Maxwell-budget-military-cuts/2013/12/18/id/542675
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams