Author Topic: Paglia: Duck Dynasty uproar ‘utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist’  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Outspoken and admittedly gay Camille Paglia blasts the homo jihad against Phil R.

The suspension of Phil Robertson from A&E’s Duck Dynasty is outrageous in a nation that values freedom, according to social critic and openly gay, dissident feminist Camille Paglia.

“I speak with authority here, because I was openly gay before the ‘Stonewall rebellion,’ when it cost you something to be so. And I personally feel as a libertarian that people have the right to free thought and free speech,” Paglia, a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, said on Laura Ingraham’s radio show Thursday.

“In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality — as I one hundred percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again they have a right of religious freedom there,” she added.

Robertson has been suspended from Duck Dynasty due to comments he made to GQ that have been deemed “anti-gay.” According to Paglia, the culture has become too politically correct.

“To express yourself in a magazine in an interview — this is the level of punitive PC, utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist, OK, that my liberal colleagues in the Democratic Party and on college campuses have supported and promoted over the last several decades,” Paglia said. “This is the whole legacy of free speech 1960’s that have been lost by my own party.”

Paglia went on to point out that while she is an atheist she respects religion and has been frustrated by the intolerance of gay activists.

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said. “This is not the mark of a true intellectual life. This is why there is no cultural life now in the U.S. Why nothing is of interest coming from the major media in terms of cultural criticism. Why the graduates of the Ivy League with their A, A, A+ grades are complete cultural illiterates, etc. is because they are not being educated in any way to give respect to opposing view points.”

“There is a dialogue going on human civilization, for heaven sakes. It’s not just this monologue coming from fanatics who have displaced the religious beliefs of their parents into a political movement,” she added. “And that is what happened to feminism, and that is what happened to gay activism, a fanaticism.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/19/paglia-duck-dynasty-uproar-utterly-fascist-utterly-stalinist/?onswipe_redirect=no
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

Re: Paglia: Duck Dynasty uproar ‘utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist’
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:38:18 pm »
She smacked this on out of the park! To go even further, hate crimes have to be rescinded. They are discriminatory against whites, who are very seldom regarded as the victims of racism.

These fanatics forget, we are all born equal, but laws pertaining to minorities, weakens and makes white less equal because they don't get any favoritism, and worse, they have to take a backseat to those who don't earn their positions.

These fanatics want those who don't agree with them to go underground, that, in the end will be harmful to them. But then, they are liberals, so we shouldn't expect critical thinking.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:59:58 pm »
Anybody celebrating the atheist homosexuals coming to your 'rescue' may want to re-think that...

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:00:22 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 03:58:15 am »
Ms. Paglia needs to concede, as Reagan once did, that the democrat party, and liberalism in general, has left her and she should affiliate with others who share more of her broader values.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:20:45 am »
Ms. Paglia needs to concede, as Reagan once did, that the democrat party, and liberalism in general, has left her and she should affiliate with others who share more of her broader values.

She is a lesbian.  Not pure enough.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 05:44:55 pm »
She is a lesbian.  Not pure enough.

Huh?  Who the hell cares?

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »
Huh?  Who the hell cares?

There are many people who care or haven't you noticed?

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 07:10:31 pm »

and actually, Ms. Paglia is one of my favorite columnists.  I don't agree often agree with her but I like her thought processes.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 05:06:33 am »

A lot of people like to look the wrong way through a lot of telescopes.  And purity tests are for sophmores and virgins, and not of the Holy kind.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:07:02 am by Oceander »

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »
A lot of people like to look the wrong way through a lot of telescopes.  And purity tests are for sophmores and virgins, and not of the Holy kind.

Tell me there aren't conservative check lists of sorts?  If you don't agree with A, B,C AND D, well you're just not conservative.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:38:02 pm by olde north church »

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »
Tell me there aren't conservative check lists of sorts?  If you don't agree with A, B,C AND D, well you're just not conservative.

Some people prefer to look through the wrong end of the telescope.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 01:21:42 pm »
Some people prefer to look through the wrong end of the telescope.

It used to be what was in the Constitution.  With the addition of Amendments past X, even that's suspect.   

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 02:20:18 pm »
It used to be what was in the Constitution.  With the addition of Amendments past X, even that's suspect.   

Uh?

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »
Uh?

Conservatism.  It was all you needed to define conservatism.  Ya' know, what was within the 4 corners of the Constitution.  If you followed that, you were Conservative.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:13:53 pm by olde north church »

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 05:33:37 am »
Conservatism.  It was all you needed to define conservatism.  Ya' know, what was within the 4 corners of the Constitution.  If you followed that, you were Conservative.

Really?

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 11:20:28 am »
Really?

Uh, yeah!  Until certain groups started putting their ideas to turn the horse into a camel.