Author Topic: The Bastion of Homophobic Commentary- Hip Hop and Pop  (Read 1420 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Bastion of Homophobic Commentary- Hip Hop and Pop
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »
The left has been all over Phil Robertson's statement about his how sexual identity as 'homophobic' and acting in shock that someone would make such a public statement. Is this selective outrage?  Why is it that other areas of pop culture can be riddled with homophobic statements without a peep. Hip Hop, for example, is riddled with homophobic statements one could consider far harsher than what Robertson stated.  Not only is homophobia accepted in Pop and Hip-Hop culture, it is often praised with those spouting the lyrics given top billing at awards shows and political events. Let's venture down the road of how the left accepts violent homophobia when it is 'one of their own' speaking it.

Eminem
"Little gay-looking boy. "So gay I can barely say it with a straight face-looking boy / You witnessing massacre like you watching a church gathering taking place-looking boy / 'Oy vey, that boy's gay,' that's all they say looking-boy / You take a thumbs up, pat on the back, the way you go from your label every day-looking boy."

Eminem
    "New Kids on the Block, ***** a lot of ***** / Boy-girl groups make me sick / And I can't wait 'til I catch all you ******s in public / I'ma love it [hahaha]"

"Whether you're a f*g or a l*z, Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-vest, Pants or dress - hate f*gs? The answer's yes."

Katy Perry
I hope you hang yourself with your H&M scarf / While **** off listening to Mozart / You b*** and moan about LA / Wishing you were in the rain reading Hemingway / You don’t eat meat / And drive electrical cars You’re so indie rock it’s almost an art / You need SPF 45 just to stay alive / You’re so gay and you don’t even like boys

Nas
"I switch styles like a f*****, but I'm not bisexual, I'm intellectual..."

Da List
"You f**** a*** betta stick to dancing, don't even look at me, I might break your jaw for glancing"

DMX (too many to list them all)
"I never did trust you f****, I'd bust you f****"

50 Cent
"I ain't into f*****. I don't like gay people around me..."

50 Cent
“If you a man and your over 25 and you don’t *** ***** just kill your self ***** it. The world will be a better place.

Jay Z (yes, that frequent visitor to the White House)
“Too manny f**** ***** clocking my spending”

More Jay Z (and for those who are pop culture challenged 'smoke em' is slang for 'shoot them')
“f***** wanna talk to Po-Po’s,” “smoke em like cocoa.”

More Jay Z
“Hate a ***** like that f****, get your own”
“That’s gay, I ain’t into liking dudes no way”

J. Cole
My AK slay f***
And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say f***, okay f****
Don't be so sensitive
If you want to get ***** in the ***
That's between you and whoever else's **** it is

James Arthur (X Factor winner)
"You f***ing queer. Hilarious, precarious you Talibani confused, imbellic mimic of a gimmick."

Lauren Hill
...the fall of society due to “girl men,” “drag queens,” and the lies of “social transvestism.”

Prince
"Yesterday I saw you kickin’ it with another girl
You was all wrapped up around her waist
Last time I checked, you said you left the dirty world
Well it appears that wasn’t the case
Hey, I see you undercover like the CIA
Snatching little wigs from another bouquet – that’s French
I guess a man’s only good for a rainy day
Maybe your just another bearded lady at the cabaret
I wish I never kissed your (spits in disgust) ugh
Doesn’t replace the memory" 

Xzibit
"If you are gay and you go to a hip hop club that you’ll get beat up for being gay."

This is just a small sample that doesn't even scratch the surface of accepted homophobic lyrics in hip hop and pop music. The selective outrage by the left not surprising. They will turn a blind eye or even praise an artist who uses homophobic lyrics or makes homophobic statements if they believe that artist is 'one of them'. However, let someone who represents what they describe as a 'redneck' express his sexual orientation and all hell breaks loose.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: The Bastion of Homophobic Commentary- Hip Hop and Pop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:31:41 pm »

The selective outrage by the left not surprising. They will turn a blind eye or even praise an artist who uses homophobic lyrics or makes homophobic statements if they believe that artist is 'one of them'. However, let someone who represents what they describe as a 'redneck' express his sexual orientation and all hell breaks loose.

'One of them' meaning that they are actively engaged in coarsening and degrading the American culture.

'Not one of them' meaning anyone actively engaged in promoting traditional, Christian culture.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
'One of them' meaning that they are actively engaged in coarsening and degrading the American culture.

'Not one of them' meaning anyone actively engaged in promoting traditional, Christian culture.

I was thinking 'one of them' in terms of supporting the right politicians and donating to the right causes. Follow the money. But your point is well made.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »
That is some magnificent prose right there.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »
One other thing. By President Obama's own admission, his favorite music are many of the ones listed above full of homophobic lyrics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29/president-obamas-favorite-music-ipod_n_2041302.html

..."And then I've got everything from Jay-Z, to Eminem, to the Fugees, to you name it. There's probably not a group that you play that I don't have on my iPod,"...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:00:58 pm »
BarryO must be one of those self-loathing gays ...    :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org