Author Topic: GLENN BECK MAKES A VERY EXCITING OFFER TO THE CAST OF ‘DUCK DYNASTY’  (Read 1232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/19/glenn-beck-makes-a-very-exciting-offer-to-the-cast-of-duck-dynasty/

GLENN BECK MAKES A VERY EXCITING OFFER TO THE CAST OF ‘DUCK DYNASTY’
Dec. 19, 2013 12:01pm    Erica Ritz

“Duck Dynasty on TheBlaze” has a nice ring to it, according to Glenn Beck.

One day after Phil Robertson’s comments about homosexuality earned him an indefinite suspension from the hit series “Duck Dynasty” on A&E, Beck offered the entire Robertson family a place on his own network.

“[All the other networks] will fold to pressure,” he said. “They will all fold to sponsors. They will all fold to money because they are all in over their eyeballs are debt … the only reason why Phil was put on hiatus and not the rest is because it is a money-printing machine.”

Beck said as he sees it, the Robertson family has a choice to make.

“If I am in the Robertson family, I sit down with my family and say, ‘Is this the way we’re going to [let] him be treated? Is this who we are? Are we going to [be] quiet because he has an opinion about the scriptures?’”

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: GLENN BECK MAKES A VERY EXCITING OFFER TO THE CAST OF ‘DUCK DYNASTY’
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:22:37 pm »

I see the 'need' for more gov't control of the Internet coming...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:34:47 pm »
Would someone very kindly and gently, in words of one syllable or less, tell me what the heck a Duck Dynasty is?

Cause at the moment I have the impression it is some reality TV thing - and if you really think reality TV isn't scripted even for the interviews, I'll sell you some beachfront land in the Sahara.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:36:25 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LambChop

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »
Would someone very kindly and gently, in words of one syllable or less, tell me what the heck a Duck Dynasty is?

Cause at the moment I have the impression it is some reality TV thing - and if you really think reality TV isn't scripted even for the interviews, I'll sell you some beachfront land in the Sahara.

:amen:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:33 pm »
Proving once again that Glenn Beck, in addition to being a common ass, is also a self-serving attention whore.

That is all.

:smokin:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »

There is nothing real about Reality TV. And Duck Dynasty is just another one of these shows. What makes it different is, they are conservative and they make no bones about it, and after an hour of lambasting each other they come together at the end of each show with a nice prayer at the dinner table.
That’s all fine, I’m glad they are conservatives, but I’m not giving up an hour each week of my life to watch it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:18:32 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:00:53 pm »
Proving once again that Glenn Beck, in addition to being a common ass, is also a self-serving attention whore.

That is all.

:smokin:

I think it is being a brilliant business man.  People were calling into Wilkow this hour excited at the possibility DD could go to The Blaze because this means even more carriers will pick it up......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »
There is nothing real about Reality TV. And Duck Dynasty is just another one of these shows. What makes it different is, they are conservative and they make no bones about it, and after an hour of lambasting each other they come together at the end of each show with a nice prayer at the dinner table.
That’s all fine, I’m glad they are conservatives, but I’m not giving up an hour each week of my life to watch it.

I agree. Much of what we think of as DD was created by A&E. I posted another thread "Before the Beards" showing the DD sons before they were TV stars. No beards, normal looking yuppie types, heck one even had highlighted his hair.

Conspiracy hat time:
I believe A&E found a true success story (no doubt about that) with people who had true Conservative, American values (no doubt about that) and tried to make a mockery of the Right out of them, having them grow their beards and act far more 'redneck' than they were in the past. They wanted to make a right-wing version of Jersey Shore.

What they didn't expect is that, instead of being a joke, the positive attributes of the family overshadowed the 'redneck' character. Heck, the 'redneck' character even turned into a positive because it started to reach the blue-collar types.

I don't believe the execs at Hearst (who owns A&E) expected this because they don't realize average blue-collar folks in fly-over country are real people with real purchasing power and are something to be looked up to, not laughed at. Average folks laughed because they related.  Hurst didn't get the Jersey Shore mockery they wanted.

It was starting to relate to more and more people. When you started seeing DD merchandise being sold on NYC streets to tourists, not as a joke, but as an expression of blue-collar America, something had to be done.

Bread and Circuses.
The time had run out to make blue-collar right-wing Americans popular, time to tear them down. What better time than to help distract from Obamacare, our vets getting screwed, and scandal after scandal.

Remember, Hearst and her sister companies own all of the major media involved here. They knew exactly what their beliefs were from the start. They own the media that pushed this. They started the fire, fanned it, and pushed it to the barn while complaining it was DD's fire.

Now, it is everything, everyone is talking about.

Once again though, this mis-underestimated(sic) the public's reaction.

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »

I think it is being a brilliant business man.  People were calling into Wilkow this hour excited at the possibility DD could go to The Blaze because this means even more carriers will pick it up......

The only problem here is how much of DD did the Robertson's sign over to Hearst?  How much of the style is trademarked?  Did they contract out any interest in their Duck Commander line?  I could see Hearst demanding a share of Duck Commander under the guise they were helping build the brand- and with that, control over how it is presented.

It may not be an easy move and we shouldn't be surprised if we don't see a move for a long time.

Duck season is over.  Lawyer season has now opened up.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »

Forgive me, but that's a no shit Sherlock statement if I ever saw one.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 08:40:36 pm »
The only problem here is how much of DD did the Robertson's sign over to Hearst?  How much of the style is trademarked?  Did they contract out any interest in their Duck Commander line?  I could see Hearst demanding a share of Duck Commander under the guise they were helping build the brand- and with that, control over how it is presented.

It may not be an easy move and we shouldn't be surprised if we don't see a move for a long time.

Duck season is over.  Lawyer season has now opened up.
I am not an entertainment lawyer, or other kind of lawyer. But I expect that A&E owns most of the concept, rights, etc.

Sean Connery doesn't "own" 007 or James Bond. He was one of several actors. Jay Leno doesn't own Tonight.

etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »
Forgive me, but that's a no shit Sherlock statement if I ever saw one.

True.

Did you ever catch "Downsized?" Laura is nice people. I interviewed her. Every word was checked by legal - and I was writing for the same company that broadcast the show.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:41 pm »
I am not an entertainment lawyer, or other kind of lawyer. But I expect that A&E owns most of the concept, rights, etc.

Sean Connery doesn't "own" 007 or James Bond. He was one of several actors. Jay Leno doesn't own Tonight.

etc.

You are correct. It is a bit more complex than those cases though in that there was a long established business (Duck Commander) long before Hearst approached the Robertsons. The Robertson's owned Duck Commander exclusively. IF I were a Hearst lawyer, I would ask for some control over that business while the contract for DD was enacted as it all reflected on the brand I was selling.

Hell, the 'beards' are even contractual and trademarked.
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/10/duck-dynastys-alan-robertson-says-beards-are-contractual.html