Author Topic: A&E Places Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus From ‘Duck Dynasty’ Following Fiery Remarks on Homosexuality  (Read 10537 times)

Offline musiclady

A&E Places Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus From ‘Duck Dynasty’ Following Fiery Remarks on Homosexuality

A&E has placed “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson on indefinite hiatus from the show after he made a number of brutally honest comments about homosexuality in an interview with GQ.

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely,” A&E said in a statement.
A&E Places Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Fiery Remarks About Homosexuality

In this May 9, 2012 photo, from left, Willie Robertson, Korie Robertson, Phil Robertson, Miss Kay Robertson and Si Robertson pose at the A&E Networks 2012 Upfront at Lincoln Center in New York. The Robertsons star in the A&E reality series “Duck Dynasty.” (Photo: AP)

As TheBlaze reported on Wednesday, Robertson claimed homosexuality is immoral and questioned why a man would choose another man’s “anus” over a woman’s “vagina.”

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he said.

He added: “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Robertson released his own statement prior to the news of his hiatus:

“I myself am a product of the ’60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Robertson will likely appear in season four of “Duck Dynasty,” since production is largely wrapped,” according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Carousel image via A&E. This story has been updated.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/18/ae-places-phil-robertson-on-indefinite-hiatus-following-fiery-remarks-about-homosexuality/
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Loss of free speech and employment because of his sexual preference.

I do believe this is unconstitutional.....

And the war against Christians continues.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Offline Millee

Rush on this now.

Oooooh... I wish I could listen to him today!!  :smokin:

Offline musiclady

Oooooh... I wish I could listen to him today!!  :smokin:

He's covering it well, IMO.

The double standard with what the left can do, especially.

The fear of saying what you think if you're a conservative........particularly a Christian.  But also saying that the Robertson's are doing the show BECAUSE they're Christian and it gives them a platform to speak Scriptural truth.

And espousing the obvious free market freedom AE has to fire him.

Right now saying, he's not sure this is a loss.

(Because of the attention they're getting).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:38:53 pm by musiclady »

Offline Millee

(Because of the attention they're getting).

Oh heck yeah!  I think every other post I see on FB is about DD.   I've already seen a "Bring Phil Back, Ya Quack!"  t/shirt being advertised.  Gotta love capitalism.   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

Oh heck yeah!  I think every other post I see on FB is about DD.   I've already seen a "Bring Phil Back, Ya Quack!"  t/shirt being advertised.  Gotta love capitalism.   :laugh:

Exactly!

Rush mentioned something interesting........that there may be a possibility that Americans have reached a tipping point, and that this might serve as a catalyst.  The majority are sick of being pushed around by a tiny minority.

The lack of free speech we Christians have because of the militant, hate-filled minority is appalling.

I'll be watching to see what Phil and his family do as a result of this absurdity.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I was just getting ready to comment about Rush's tipping point remarks.  Nice to hear, but we shall see...

Offline musiclady

I was just getting ready to comment about Rush's tipping point remarks.  Nice to hear, but we shall see...

I think we have to reach it sometime.

This attack on Phil Robertson's freedom (agree with his views or not) and the rule of the tiny minority over the majority is very public.  It's out there.

And from the little I know about all the Robertsons, they're not about to be quiet about this.

I think Rush is right in that they certainly didn't agree to do the show because they needed the money.  I think he's right in thinking that they are doing it to promote Christianity, family, love for others, and that this attack on their right to free speech may well give them an even bigger bully pulpit than they've had on A&E.

Offline LambChop

I think we have to reach it sometime.

This attack on Phil Robertson's freedom (agree with his views or not) and the rule of the tiny minority over the majority is very public.  It's out there.

And from the little I know about all the Robertsons, they're not about to be quiet about this.

I think Rush is right in that they certainly didn't agree to do the show because they needed the money.  I think he's right in thinking that they are doing it to promote Christianity, family, love for others, and that this attack on their right to free speech may well give them an even bigger bully pulpit than they've had on A&E.

How is it his free speech was attacked?  He spoke his peace, he had his say.  No freedoms were attacked.

Seems to me he KNEW his EMPLOYERS *yes, because that's exactly what A&E is to him and his family* views on the subject and decided to go elsewhere to voice his opinions.  Good for him.

But his employer has a right to do what they did too.  No matter if anybody likes it or not.   Don't like their decisions, don't watch the show.  Don't buy the product.  Just that simple.

For pete's sake, it's a TV show.

Offline musiclady

How is it his free speech was attacked?  He spoke his peace, he had his say.  No freedoms were attacked.

Seems to me he KNEW his EMPLOYERS *yes, because that's exactly what A&E is to him and his family* views on the subject and decided to go elsewhere to voice his opinions.  Good for him.

But his employer has a right to do what they did too.  No matter if anybody likes it or not.   Don't like their decisions, don't watch the show.  Don't buy the product.  Just that simple.

For pete's sake, it's a TV show.

I already acknowledged A&E's right to fire Robertson because they didn't like what he said.

You're missing the entire point.............whether deliberately or not, I don't know.

The point is that the homosexual militants and their allies on the left have made it impossible to simply express the view that homosexuality is a sin without being accused of hatred, or having negative repercussions.

And in doing so, they have cowed most of us who believe in marriage as God intended it, into silence.

Free speech is now a one way street, lambchop.  We, as Christians, espousing traditional Scriptural views no longer have it.

Yes, it's "just a TV show."  That, of course, is irrelevant to the core of the issue, which is the double standard that exists between the vile, hate-filled rhetoric allowed by the left against us, and the mere stating of an opinion in a colorful way, or just outright, that is denied those of us on the right.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Free speech is now a one way street,

Bingo. Homophobic statements and lyrics are widely accepted by the left. Hell, Jay z is one of the worst
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,123727.0.html

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Bingo. Homophobic statements and lyrics are widely accepted by the left. Hell, Jay z is one of the worst

I think this is going to ignite another Chick-Fil-A - type rebuttal.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

The thing is that what is quoted on your link IS "homophobic" and hate-filled.

What Phil Robertson said was not.

He stated his "sexual preference" in rather straightforward terms, but not vulgar............just anatomically correct.

The outright vulgarity and vileness of the words of the left is what's offensive.

But nary a peep from the PC crowd.

Unbelievable.............  **nononono*

Offline LambChop

I already acknowledged A&E's right to fire Robertson because they didn't like what he said.

You're missing the entire point.............whether deliberately or not, I don't know.

The point is that the homosexual militants and their allies on the left have made it impossible to simply express the view that homosexuality is a sin without being accused of hatred, or having negative repercussions.

And in doing so, they have cowed most of us who believe in marriage as God intended it, into silence.

Free speech is now a one way street, lambchop.  We, as Christians, espousing traditional Scriptural views no longer have it.

Yes, it's "just a TV show."  That, of course, is irrelevant to the core of the issue, which is the double standard that exists between the vile, hate-filled rhetoric allowed by the left against us, and the mere stating of an opinion in a colorful way, or just outright, that is denied those of us on the right.

Then you forget the Chick-fil-a guy who lost his job:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/tucson-exec-loses-job-over-anti-chick-fil-a-rant/article_f8cefeec-dcf5-11e1-8b88-001a4bcf887a.html

I just get so tired of the manufactured outrage when there are REAL issues.  The "so-called" persecution and such.

Both the Chick-fil-a guy and Phil were fired for something they said that went against their employer.  That's too bad for them.
But they made their choice, they said their peace.

Show me REAL Christian persecution in this country.  Cause as far as I'm concerned, until we have to endure what Christians in the Middle East have to endure, we need to stop being so damned thin skinned and overly dramatic.

Offline musiclady

I think this is going to ignite another Chick-Fil-A - type rebuttal.      :laugh:

You know, I've resisted it because I'm kind of a city/suburban type lady, but I might just get down to Walmart and buy me a DD shirt.    :laugh:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The thing is that what is quoted on your link IS "homophobic" and hate-filled.

What Phil Robertson said was not.

He stated his "sexual preference" in rather straightforward terms, but not vulgar............just anatomically correct.

The outright vulgarity and vileness of the words of the left is what's offensive.

But nary a peep from the PC crowd.

Unbelievable.............  **nononono*

I completely agree. Just using 'their' language to prove a point. Robertson was just expressing his sexual orientation.

Offline musiclady

Then you forget the Chick-fil-a guy who lost his job:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/tucson-exec-loses-job-over-anti-chick-fil-a-rant/article_f8cefeec-dcf5-11e1-8b88-001a4bcf887a.html

I just get so tired of the manufactured outrage when there are REAL issues.  The "so-called" persecution and such.

Both the Chick-fil-a guy and Phil were fired for something they said that went against their employer.  That's too bad for them.
But they made their choice, they said their peace.

Show me REAL Christian persecution in this country.  Cause as far as I'm concerned, until we have to endure what Christians in the Middle East have to endure, we need to stop being so damned thin skinned and overly dramatic.

Some of us prefer to stop the snowball that's rolling down hill rapidly BEFORE it gets to the point where there is outright persecution.

NO ONE is whining or being "damned thin skinned" here.

And NO ONE is being "overly dramatic."

There is a very, very real, tangible attempt by the left to silence Biblical views, and if you don't see it then you'd better open your eyes.

Offline musiclady

I completely agree. Just using 'their' language to prove a point. Robertson was just expressing his sexual orientation.

Which is, I believe, Constitutionally protected, right??

Being fired for being heterosexual and saying so??

According to the LEFT, A&E doesn't have the right to do that......

Offline happyg

Offline LambChop

Some of us prefer to stop the snowball that's rolling down hill rapidly BEFORE it gets to the point where there is outright persecution.

NO ONE is whining or being "damned thin skinned" here.

And NO ONE is being "overly dramatic."

There is a very, very real, tangible attempt by the left to silence Biblical views, and if you don't see it then you'd better open your eyes.

OK, then answer this.  Why is it whenever there is a Duck Dynasty kerfuffle there seems to be a new Duck Dynasty product on the shelves? 

This is sheep herding.  And I see just fine thank you.

Offline GourmetDan

Yeah sure, keeping your mouth shut *until* you are REALLY persecuted seems like the quickest way to get there...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline LambChop

You know, I've resisted it because I'm kind of a city/suburban type lady, but I might just get down to Walmart and buy me a DD shirt.    :laugh:

My point being made right there.

Online mountaineer

OK, then answer this.  Why is it whenever there is a Duck Dynasty kerfuffle there seems to be a new Duck Dynasty product on the shelves? 
If you say so (although some evidentiary support would be nice). That's capitalism for you, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

My point being made right there.

LOL!

That was HUMOR, lambchop.

The left has none, but WE do.

Remember??