Author Topic: A&E Places Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus From ‘Duck Dynasty’ Following Fiery Remarks on Homosexuality  (Read 10591 times)

Offline musiclady

I don't think it was his comments about homosexuality that got him canned as much as it was his comments about his deep belief in Christ.

GOOD observation.

It is Christ who is the enemy of the Enemy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Late to the party  on this one but jumping in here anyway!

1. I agree with EVERY WORD Phil Robertson said!

2. Merry CHRISTMAS  to all!

Anyone who doesn't like either of those can put me on ignore RIGHT NOW!

Hey, Bigun!

Merry Christmas to you, too! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

Sorry dude.  The whole "insisting it's condemnation" ploy is simply designed to silence all dissent against destructive behaviors (aka 'sin').

Might as well cry 'racism' while you're at it...

You may have misunderstood my comment.  I'm not for silencing dissent.  I'm enjoy dissent.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

@CaptYonah 2h

Dear Mr. Robertson, we're so offended by your comments that we're running a marathon of your show tonight. Love, @AETV
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

What a strong, grounded family. They are being tested, and are a testament to their faith. I hope I can be as strong when the time comes.

Offline Rapunzel

What a strong, grounded family. They are being tested, and are a testament to their faith. I hope I can be as strong when the time comes.

Did you just watch that guy from GLAAD on The Kelly File???  what a whiny @$$.

Offline happyg

Did you just watch that guy from GLAAD on The Kelly File???  what a whiny @$$.

No! I was at my granddaughter's basketball game, and didn't bother to change channels.  I don't mind being around homosexuals, except for the tu-tu types that don't appear to have either gender.

Offline Rapunzel

No! I was at my granddaughter's basketball game, and didn't bother to change channels.  I don't mind being around homosexuals, except for the tu-tu types that don't appear to have either gender.

My uncle is gay and has been in the same relationship for 40 years.  That said he doesn't go out waiving a rainbow flag and marching in parades.  I think all sex is for the bedroom - not the public - and the more they try to shove this down our throats the more it offends me when in the past I didn't give much of a damn one way or the other..  The way they went after people who contributed to Prop 8 in CA - even getting them fired by picketing their places of employment only served to make me angry...... Tony Perkins was on after this GLAAD guy and pointed out that for all their feigning their absolute outrage at DD repeating passages from the bible the same organization gave Dan Savage - one of the most vile people walking this earth - a big award recently.

Offline happyg

My favorite cousin is a lesbian, and is the same way as your uncle. She has a doctorate, has written two books, and no one would know she is gay, except she has a girlfriend of many years. She neither hides it, nor flaunts it.

Offline happyg

Ha! Ha!

Robertson Publicly Preached About Homosexuality in 2010, A&E Hired Him Anyway

In 2010, Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson publicly explained his position on homosexuality in a sermon he preached at the Berean Bible Church in Pennsylvania. In the segment of the sermon posted by TMZ, he stated:
First they say there is no God. Get Him out of your mind. Then they say bow down to bird, animals, and reptiles, and each other. And the first thing you see coming out of them is gross sexual immorality. They will dishonor their bodies with one another, degrade each other. Is that going on in the United States of America? Look around…Boy is there some immorality going on around here.

He continued, citing Romans 1:26:

Therefore because they do not make it worthwhile to maintain the balance with God, He gave them over to shameful lusts. Women exchanged natural relations and were inflamed with lust for one another. And the men were inflamed with lust for each other. Women with women, men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They were full of murder, envy, strife and hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways to do evil.
He stated, “That’s what you have 235 roughly after your forefathers founded the country. So what are you going to do, Pennsylvania? Just run with them? You’re going to die.”

Robertson’s position on homosexuality has never changed, nor has it been a secret. It may shock some, but it is also well within the tradition of fundamentalist Christian preaching on the subject. The fact that A&E suddenly acts surprised when Robertson says things he’s been saying for years is just more evidence that Robertson’s suspension is a knee-jerk, disingenuous attempt to avoid the slings and arrows of the politically correct.

Ben Shapiro
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/12/19/Robertson-spoke-homosexuality-2010?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Rapunzel

Bobby Jindal on with Kelly right now.......

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Bobby Jindal on with Kelly right now.......

Kelly needs to go to MSNBC or CNN.  She is so pro-queer it's disgusting.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Kelly needs to go to MSNBC or CNN.  She is so pro-queer it's disgusting.

Perhaps she's just being purposefully provocative.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Perhaps she's just being purposefully provocative.

When she was on Leno last week she said she doesn't take one side or the other, she tries to walk right down the middle and let her audience decide what they thing of things her guests say.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
When she was on Leno last week she said she doesn't take one side or the other, she tries to walk right down the middle and let her audience decide what they thing of things her guests say.

She had 2 pro-queer people along with a guy from GLAAD, and only one person supporting DD.  She tried to trap Jindal but he wasn't going to fall for it.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She had 2 pro-queer people along with a guy from GLAAD, and only one person supporting DD.  She tried to trap Jindal but he wasn't going to fall for it.

I'm sorry but I just didn't see what you are describing at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I'm sorry but I just didn't see what you are describing at all.

There was a GLAAD person on early in the show.  Then when she had the 3 people at the table, only one defended Phil.  IIRC, he was from the FRC.

Offline GourmetDan

You may have misunderstood my comment.  I'm not for silencing dissent.  I'm enjoy dissent.

I understand that you thrive on dissent regardless.

You appear not to understand the effect of your comment...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

I understand that you thrive on dissent regardless.

You appear not to understand the effect of your comment...

I am not understanding then.  I meant what I said as a direct positive toward the Robertson family.  There was no double meaning in what I said.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.