Author Topic: Obama: A&E Should Reinstate ‘Duck Dynasty’ Patriarch [SATIRE]  (Read 1437 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://scrappleface.com/2013/12/19/obama-ae-should-reinstate-duck-dynasty-patriarch/

Obama: A&E Should Reinstate ‘Duck Dynasty’ Patriarch [Satire]
December 19th, 2013 Scott Ott

(2013-12-19) — Calling A&E’s suspension of ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson “a chilling crackdown on free speech in an artistic community that should value individual expression,” President Barack Obama today urged the Arts & Entertainment network to reinstate Robertson immediately, and to apologize for its “hypocrisy.”

“There are no bigger fans of Duck Dynasty than Michele and me,” Obama said. “And while I have my disagreements with Mr. Robertson’s views on homosexuality, as expressed in GQ magazine, I’ll defend with my last breath Robertson’s right to express those views.”

The White House acknowledged that the private company has the right to fire Robertson for expressing his opinion, based on the Bible, that homosexuality is one kind of sin among many.

“But the president felt compelled to speak out,” said press secretary Jay Carney, “because his silence might be perceived as assent among his many entertainment industry supporters who hold freedom of expression in the highest esteem.”

Indeed, the Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild of America and dozens of A-list movie and TV stars issued news releases or held press conferences echoing the president’s call to let Robertson return to the highest-rated show in the history of cable television.

“A chill wind is blowing in this nation,” said actor-director Tim Robbins. “It’s great to see President Obama speaking out against ideological intimidation that masquerades as tolerance and diversity.”
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:36:48 pm by Rapunzel »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Obama: A&E Should Reinstate ‘Duck Dynasty’ Patriarch
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:01:12 pm »

“There are no bigger fans of Duck Dynasty than Michele and me,” Obama said. “And while I have my disagreements with Mr. Robertson’s views on homosexuality, as expressed in GQ magazine, I’ll defend with my last breath Robertson’s right to express those views.”

:3:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »
Scrappleface is satire...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »
"There are no bigger fans of Duck Dynasty than Michele and me,” Obama said. “And while I have my disagreements with Mr. Robertson’s views on homosexuality, as expressed in GQ magazine, I’ll defend with my last breath Robertson’s right to express those views.”
Satire, indeed. That's one of the funniest things I've read recently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »
Some guys....and I use that term loosely...will do anything for a bump in their personal favorability numbers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:05:11 pm »
Doubt his sincerity or not, I'm glad he made that public statement.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:01 pm »

Me too, Cincy!   Just making an observation!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »
I know this is satire, but this is one of the best descriptions I've seen:

ideological intimidation that masquerades as tolerance and diversity.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:01 pm »

He didn't - this is a satire article.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 08:35:02 pm »
This is mean.....tantamount to snapping a wet towel on a bare a$$ in a locker room.

Please place [SATIRE] in the subject line?

:laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 08:37:40 pm »
This is mean.....tantamount to snapping a wet towel on a bare a$$ in a locker room.

Please place [SATIRE] in the subject line?

:laugh:

I just did - but the article being scrappleface should have been everyone's clue
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Obama: A&E Should Reinstate ‘Duck Dynasty’ Patriarch [SATIRE]
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 08:56:35 pm »
Oh, fiddle. Didn't see this: Scrappleface is satire... Nor did I look at the original source, not that it would matter as I didn't know who or what Scrappleface is, but I sure do now. LOL.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 08:59:23 pm »
Oh, fiddle. Didn't see this: Scrappleface is satire... Nor did I look at the original source, not that it would matter as I didn't know who or what Scrappleface is, but I sure do now. LOL.

Worst part about it is that we believed that Bambi was fully capable of such unabashed duplicity...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »
True: Worst part about it is that we believed that Bambi was fully capable of such unabashed duplicity...