« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »
Will Phil apologize and retract his statements?..... :2popcorn:

Support the USO

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:06 PM »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »
GLAAD controls most of the US media.  When they say "do this" the media will instantly respond.  This is why you see so many homo characters.  They forced The Walking Dead to add some.  So the show added two lesbians.  In the next episode, one ran away following a gun battle, and the other got shot right in the head by a 12 year old girl during the same battle.

Time for DD to move its show to CMT and away from A&E.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:06:13 PM by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
I'm going to get pilloried for this, but if Robertson had ridiculed the Jewish practice of circumcision, A and E would be within its rights to suspend him for that.

Corporations do not like controversy, especially when it involves segments of its audience or potential customer base.

You work for me, you follow my rules.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:13:01 PM by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
Will Phil apologize and retract his statements?..... :2popcorn:

I don't think that he will.

They (all concerned...network included) are content with the ratings appealing to their chosen audience.  Along the same attitude NBC takes in marketing MSNBC cable.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »
I'm going to get pilloried for this, but if Robertson had ridiculed the Jewish practice of circumcision, A and E would be within its rights to suspend him for that.

Corporations do not like controversy, especially when it involves segments of its audience or potential customer base.

You work for me, you follow my rules.

That is correct..
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »
[[ Corporations do not like controversy, especially when it involves segments of its audience or potential customer base.
You work for me, you follow my rules. ]]

Seems that those Duck Dynasty guys actually have -their own- corporation, do they not?

It's also worth mentioning that the (in your words) "corporations" (the broadcast networks) have no problems with controversy, so long as the "controversy" attacks or smears conservatives and conservative doctrine. It's only when someone speaks out against -liberal orthodoxy-, that it becomes so "controversial" that it can't be shown on tv.

Although when it comes down to the brass tacks, it's really PROFITS that the corporations care about.

I hope Mr. Robertson sticks to his guns.

If A&E doesn't want Duck Dynasty, and all the revenue it brings in, someone else will.

Offline sinkspur

The new update in Variety is that he has been fired.

But, from what I've read in the last 30 minutes, Phil Robertson was tired of doing this show and wanted to leave.

So what better way to leave?  Endear yourself to your devotees, but say just the right thing to make yourself a martyr so you'll be popular among the people you want to be popular with.

Offline Dengar01

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
GLAAD controls most of the US media.  When they say "do this" the media will instantly respond.  This is why you see so many homo characters.  They forced The Walking Dead to add some.  So the show added two lesbians.  In the next episode, one ran away following a gun battle, and the other got shot right in the head by a 12 year old girl during the same battle.

That was epic when the girl shot her! Was totally not expecting the kids to come to the rescue! It angers me that they added a lesbian character because of outside pressure groups.  Just like every commercial has to have a black person in it.

As far as Duck Dynasty goes they would make a ton of money by creating their own channel IMO like Glenn Beck's Blaze or like you said switch to CMT.  I can clearly tell you that gays are going to be watching Bravo not Duck Dynasty.

However, he did give them the ammo these groups have been desperately looking for since the show began. 

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
They can make it an internet only show.  That is the future.
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »

Exactly.  The Robertsons have all kinds of options. 

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »

CMT is owned by Viacom which owns MTV, Bravo, Logo and other bastions of morality.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
Then the Outdoor Channel.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Dengar01

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

I agree look at the success of shows on Netflix? I buy movies on Amazon which I can watch on my computer, iPhone, iPad, and my home television whenever or wherever I am. 

My Comcast let's me watch live tv on my phone, computer or tablet wherever I am. 

The only problem for Duck Dynasty is I imagine there is a larger older demographics.  People like my dad who would have no clue how to work the technology. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
I am sure the rest of the family is under contract  with A&E unless they sign year to year....if that is the case they are stuck there until their contract is up...with all the revenue they bring in A&E probably will hold them to it..

Support the USO

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:59 PM »

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 11:03:37 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 12:42:11 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »
I just read on Facebook the A&E website has crashed from all the fans of DD going there to give them a piece of their minds about this...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 03:06:31 AM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
Makes one wonder of the A&E executives even read it, or just caved right quick to the pressure from the far left regressive nanny state whiners who want to remove all right to a real opinion in this country?"
As we used to say when talking about the shenanigans at TOS, "Facts don't matter."
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:31 AM »

Sums it up pretty well, DC.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:44:19 AM by Rapunzel »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf