Author Topic: Coulter on Pope Francis: Maybe better suited to be a CNN host  (Read 607 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Coulter on Pope Francis: Maybe better suited to be a CNN host
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:57 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/17/coulter-on-pope-francis-maybe-better-suited-to-be-a-cnn-host/

Coulter on Pope Francis: Maybe better suited to be a CNN host

Posted By Jamie Weinstein On 11:11 PM 12/17/2013

On CNN’s “Piers Morgan Live” Tuesday night, Ann Coulter suggested that Pope Francis might be better suited to be a host on CNN than the head of the Catholic Church.

Morgan: Let’s turn to the pope. Rush Limbaugh keeps whacking away at Pope Francis, which is, you know, it’s like watching the devil incarnate taking on Mother Theresa. But tell me why the right seem to have some big issue with a man who appears to be non-bigoted, incredibly humble, a force for good, somebody perhaps revolutionizing an anachronistic church, dragging them kicking and screaming into the real world? Why would this enrage the likes of Rush Limbaugh?

Coulter: I’m not sure. I mean, in Rush Limbaugh’s case, we of course think he is the pope so I can see why he’d be angry at it. But my own — I’m not a Catholic. But I would think the statement by the pope that I find most surprising was his statement that you don’t have to be a Christian to go to heaven. Look, you may think that. Maybe there are a lot of people who think that. But if you’re head of the RNC, you’re not supposed to be saying, ‘oh, don’t bother voting Republican.’ That isn’t supposed to be your position. That’s the most surprising, I mean, I guess except for the anti-papist crowd.

Morgan: Or it could just be that he believes in open church, open Christianity, all-inclusive. They’ll take anybody. Unlike you lot that are so dogmatic that you have to be, you know, right of Genghis Khan to even be acceptable.

Coulter: Ok, but if you’re the head of the Catholic Church and your position is, ‘ah, join any church. In fact, you don’t even have to be a Christian.’ Maybe, you know, you can get a show on CNN, but maybe you shouldn’t be the head of the Catholic Church.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Re: Coulter on Pope Francis: Maybe better suited to be a CNN host
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:32:35 pm »
Coulter can be air-headed from time to time, and this is one of them. 

The Catholic Church has always taught that anyone who seeks God with a sincere heart can be saved.  That "sincere heart" means that one finds God where he/she finds Him.   People belong to Churches or to Judaism or Islam because that is where they find God.  I'm not Baptist, because I find the fullness of truth in Catholicism.  But there are sincere Baptists who find God in the Baptist Church, and that's all to the good.

And that is what the Pope is saying. 

So, Ann, the Pope is not saying "just join any Church."  That you would even think that indicates you likely don't belong to any denomination.  But that's OK.  And the Pope would be OK with that.

Francis IS the head of the Catholic Church, Ann.  You better get used to it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Coulter on Pope Francis: Maybe better suited to be a CNN host
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:40:20 pm »

She's just yanking Piers' chain and he's swallowing it hook, line and sinker...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan